Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Pro Mod Trucks around here?

I don't see many Pro Mod trucks popping up around here. By chance anyone working on anything and like to Share?

Here is one that I started and got side tracked on my Nova... and side tracked again to start working on my 70.5 Camaro. :D

I nice little 55 Chevy Panel truck, Pro Modded with a full custom Tube chassis. Stopped because I didn't like the height the seats were going to be sitting. So thinking of channeling and doing a pie shape down the middle of the truck.

I did pie cut the hood and lowered it down and narrowed the front grille but still not enough.

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0011.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0018.jpg

My tow truck that I wanted to build for this truck is a 55 chevy Panel custom converted to a Flatbed hauler with a sleeper.

Excellent progress so far Bart. For some reason you don't see too many pro mod trucks on the workbench. From time to time they pop up though.

One of my earlier builds that I did back in 1998 was this pro mod style Dodge Ram dually. It's was rather crude based on my current skill sets but was still fun to do. I did a scratchbuilt chassis (again was rather crude) along with plenty of detail. Unfortunately this is one of only two shots I have of the build (it has since been dismantled) and the other is no clearer than this one. I still have the body and have looked at it in recent months to possibly do something new with it.

RamProMod-vi.jpg

And this is a body that I started working on a couple of years ago for TEM but have never gotten around to finishing it.

DSC00854-vi.jpg

DSC00852-vi.jpg

Thanks Wayne for the update! I like that dually, never thought of doing something like that to compensate for the wide meats out back. I would like to see more of that 69-70 chevy pickup if ever completed. I use to have a long bed Cheyenne, was my first car (3 speed on the tree)!

I have seen a 55 chevy Pro Mod pickup on the net, it looks like that glass body has been sectioned extensively through the middle and using and using a car chassis I would think.

I think this is what I want to work towards, so i will have to buy 2 more new Resin bodies and start over.

0410st_06_z1955_chevrolet_pro_modminiature_stature.jpg

This truck has been sectioned 13" out of the bottom of the Cab and pie cut down the middle to bring the front grille and bumper in.

0410st_04_z1955_chevrolet_pro_modfiberglass_body_components.jpg

But I am not fond of the big ol' wing out back, it just looks way out of place to me.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

it's not going to be a pro modified but this is a drag truck project i have going, using some Revell pro modified/sportsman kit parts,

0142.jpg

at this point it's more intended to be a bracket or grudge match type of deal

Nice start there Dave! You will have to keep us posted as you get closer to wrapping that puppy up!

Edited by eviltwincustoms