Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Fast & The Furious, Canadian style, eh?

125mph. Gosh. Not sure what I would do with a guy crawling along the passing lane of the Autobahn to Deggendorf with only 125mph.

if expierience has taught me anything the proper thing to do would be flash your high beams while still 20 feet away and then proceed to gently bump the taurus out of your way untill he returns to his rightfull place in the slow lane

This is what I want to know out of the whole thing...were the cops in supercars too or were they just too stoopid to figure out they could outrun the cops? :blink: Nevertheless, a situation that should have never happened to start with. There used to be a road near my home where people street raced every Saturday night. The cops had to go out so many times that, they just decided that, since there was such little traffic on it, they would intermittently make sure no one was drinking, block it off, and let em race. I know it sounds crazy but, I live in a backwoods town so...yeah. And it seems like the checking for drinking part is what killed it all.

Edited by Skydime

This is what I want to know out of the whole thing...were the cops in supercars too or were they just too stoopid to figure out they could outrun the cops? :blink: Nevertheless, a situation that should have never happened to start with. There used to be a road near my home where people street raced every Saturday night. The cops had to go out so many times that, they just decided that, since there was such little traffic on it, they would intermittently make sure no one was drinking, block it off, and let em race. I know it sounds crazy but, I live in a backwoods town so...yeah. And it seems like the checking for drinking part is what killed it all.

You cannot outrun a Motorola. Nor a spike strip (altho a few have been known to go around them)

You cannot outrun a Motorola. Nor a spike strip (altho a few have been known to go around them)

Plus if it is the same up there you have a decision to make. Get your car impounded and a big fine and suspension or get the car impounded big fines and possibly jail time as once you run you are then considered a felon!

Sorry guys, I didn't mean that the way it sounded. I just meant that it seems that if they were stupid enough to be in the situation in the first place, I figured they would also be stupid enough to run. Certainly don't mean to sound like I am condoning running from the law.

if expierience has taught me anything the proper thing to do would be flash your high beams while still 20 feet away and then proceed to gently bump the taurus out of your way untill he returns to his rightfull place in the slow lane

Yeah, or a Golf with homesickness and tailwind.

i didnt mean it as a ford, but rather as the proverbial slow animal

Yeh, I know. Once owned a three litre Taurus wagon btw. Could do 130mph on a good day, with Euro-spec final drive and Euro-spec cooling system. Still relegates one to the slow lane most of the time, but I found it not too shabby. Too bad US Cars don't have (had?) a headlamp flasher.

Edited by Junkman

Most U.S. cars have a "Flash-to-Pass" bright light "switch" built into the turn signal stalk these days. Came around about the time that manufacturers stopped putting a dimmer switch on the floor beside the dead pedal. Usually pushing it forward turns the brights on full time, but pulling back will turn them on until you release it...so you just pump it backwards a few times to flash your brights repeatedly.

But then most people state-side use that feature to warn traffic that there are cops ahead.

One thing I have noticed anyone mention is that several of the drivers in this story were teenagers. Where the hell did they get these cars from? Maybe it comes from not being filthy rich, but if I ever did get enough cash to buy one of those cars my kids wouldn't even be allowed to look at it, let alone drive it anywhere. :lol:

Edited by niteowl7710

And it seems like the checking for drinking part is what killed it all.

I wouldn't put em down for being small town. Those cops may have known about the relation to the drinkin an racing on that road. Figure stopping the drinking and their precense would be enough to get the problem to solve itself .... Which it sound like it did

One thing I have noticed anyone mention is that several of the drivers in this story were teenagers. Where the hell did they get these cars from? Maybe it comes from not being filthy rich, but if I ever did get enough cash to buy one of those cars my kids wouldn't even be allowed to look at it, let alone drive it anywhere. :lol:

ever seen the youtube video where a guy brings home his new cobra mustang and his kid gets in it

the kids pupming the gas and knocks it into gear, propelling the car in and through the garage.

when he gets out he crying cos he ran over his own bicycle in the process and the dad is telling him he'll get a new one.

the appropriate response would have been "woman, get my belt"

Apparently you haven't seen a high school parking lot in recent years.

I wouldn't put em down for being small town. Those cops may have known about the relation to the drinkin an racing on that road. Figure stopping the drinking and their precense would be enough to get the problem to solve itself .... Which it sound like it did

Certainly, no disrespect to the authorities in the situation. Yeah, it's just disappointing that cops would go through that much trouble to keep these people safe and out of jail and that they would still show up drinking and driving. The police actually enjoyed the racing...when they knew it was safe.

Edited by Skydime