Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone make...

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on a cummins 6.7. I sent it to a really good resin caster about a year ago but he is kind of slow due to his work schedule. He only does resin casting on the side. Here is the link to the thread. He told me recently he is finishing up the last bit with the turbos and he will soon be done.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35342&hl=%2Bcummins+%2B6.7&fromsearch=1

STewart

• 3 weeks later...

I've built a cummins dodge diesel for a dodge dually. Used a 50 chevy inline 6 engine, cut everything off of it, and began adding to it. The engine I finished is a steam turbo diesel that was blueprinted/designed...I refered to cummins website to get pics of it..they aren't hard to build if ya got the pictures in front of ya

It is fairly easy to make an inline engine rather than a V-style. It depends on the look you want. If you just want the impression of a cummins you could use a kit inline 6 and scratch some extras. If you want a really accurate-looking cummins, it will have to be completely scratchbuilt.

STewart

I hope I did not sound like I was putting down you engine Brian. :) I am sure it is an excellent replica. It would also depend upon the modeler building the engine. I was just saying that as a general guideline, a cummins built from an existing inline 6 would probably be more loosely based on the real thing. My replica is by no means perfect though so it would again depend on the modeler's skill.

STewart