Model Cars Magazine Forum

RESIN PETERBILT LITTLE WINDOW CAB CONVERSION 1/25 SCALE

Resin cast Peterbilt Little Window Cab Conversion in 1/25 scale, This is a direct replacement for the old AMT T500-500 or T500 kit cabs. We cast it to go with our 358 Tilt hood conversion but it would be great to restore old trucks with a damaged cab too or ???

NewResinSept7th2011001.jpg

NewResinSept7th2011002.jpg

NewResinSept7th2011004.jpg

Little Window cab with our 358 tilt hood conversion and new shuttered grill insert for the 358 grill.

NewResinSept7th2011062.jpg

NewResinSept7th2011058.jpg

These are high quality parts man! No kidding, this is Great Stuff... I'm still hoping for a late W900L cab to go with the hood you already have... NEED!

But I have to say I am very impressed at the parts you guys are putting out. You understand that modelers appreciate a precise, nicely molded part and it shows

on these pictures. The others can always be worked on...

Hey Tim, it is for sure resin. The glossy plastic like shine will go away soon, first time you hit the mold with mold release the shine is gone forever. Most of the time I will pull about 5 copies before hitting the mold with release. It also makes a diff of finish that is on the master part,,,new glossy kit parts make glossy resin parts,,,lol,,,

Hey Brother Gregg,

Thanks for the good words !!! I will pass the hello on the the other half.

How is the back, some better I hope. Will you be making the show in Atlanta first of November ??? Hope so and hope to see ya there !!!

Edited by Porky

Hey Robert

Thanks for the good words on the casting. I make the very best parts that I am able to, I use them too,,,sometimes,,,lol,,,

I am going to do one of the newer KW cabs to go with the 900L curved cowl hood asap for sure, just got to get the master cab finished up.

hey eric!

i keep hearing about small window pete... big window pete... now is it possible not only for me but for some others that have no idea what the difference is b/w the two that you can post a couple pics up with both cabs sitting next to each other for comparo that way everyone that doesnt know (especially me even though i know all about these amt 359 kits...lmao!)?> and when will it be available i would love to get my hands on a couple! and whats the pricing like for it?

Here's a real little window Peterbilt cab

1970359brochurecover.jpg

And another. Note that the grille on the above early 70's 359 has 3 bars but is not the same as

the grille in the AMT T501 kit with the rounded corners of the bug screen. That change

occurred near the end of the unilite/little window cab production when the hood was retooled.

The 359 below has the newer hood and grille shell (note the external brackets on the

front of the fenders) but a unique grille that is an air conditioning condensor.

359brownwhitegrass.jpg

And here's a similarly painted big window 1100 series 359

3591100seriescab.jpg

This is the truck AMT based the T501 kit on. Note the rounded corners to the bug screen,

the external brackets on the front of the fenders and the taller sleeper (note the grab handle

above the sleeper door on the filler panel - added to increase the height of the sleeper doors to

match the taller sleeper that kept with the taller cab).

If you use the P&P resin little window cab on an AMT T501 (or the later reissues), everything will

fit except the mirrors (mounting tabs need to shaved off), the exhaust mounts will need adjusting

as the little window cab isn't tapered like the T501 cab (an AMT mistake) and the sleeper will be

4 inches too tall.

If you use the Revell of Germany 359 kits as the donor for the little window cab, you will need

to adjust the hood slightly to fit the cab, add or delete the left air cleaner cut outs on the hood or

add the panel to the cab, and adjust the mirror mounts, roof light mounts, horns, etc to fit on the

little window cab.

Here's a little window 359 I built using a Revell of Germany frame, sleeper and many components.

71359altered_atnight-vi.jpg71359rightfrontdark_smaller-vi.jpg

Tim

Hey Brother Gregg,

Thanks for the good words !!! I will pass the hello on the the other half.

How is the back, some better I hope. Will you be making the show in Atlanta first of November ??? Hope so and hope to see ya there !!!

No comment on the physical condition.

Mental, no comment either.

My traveling is on hold indefinitely.

Thanks for asking though.

Love your work

here's a similarly painted big window 1100 series 359

3591100seriescab.jpg

This is the truck AMT based the T501 kit on. Note the rounded corners to the bug screen,

the external brackets on the front of the fenders and the taller sleeper (note the grab handle

above the sleeper door on the filler panel - added to increase the height of the sleeper doors to

match the taller sleeper that kept with the taller cab).

Tim

you know i actually got the mood to build this exact truck! ill post a wip up here after bit!

• 11 years later...