Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 mercury "woody" wood-free

zelkam

That last picture is truly amazing. Shows that there are no mistakes, and paintjob looks incredible! Color is very good too. Great conversion, but I'm not sure about that rear end. It should look bit more '49 Mercury, I think. But it's not bad, now it only looks like too flat, without Mercury's great body shapes. But that's just a little thing, really nice model indeed. Maybe bit smaller wheels should look good too, but those aren't too bad.

thank you for the comment

That last picture is truly amazing. Shows that there are no mistakes, and paintjob looks incredible! Color is very good too. Great conversion, but I'm not sure about that rear end. It should look bit more '49 Mercury, I think. But it's not bad, now it only looks like too flat, without Mercury's great body shapes. But that's just a little thing, really nice model indeed. Maybe bit smaller wheels should look good too, but those aren't too bad.

Here is a photo of the mercury mercury 51. Who gave me the idea. I followed the curve of the car. I'm pretty close to reality, without the wood

0609cr_03_z+1951_mercury_woodie+side_veiw.jpg

mercurysuv055-vi.jpg

Edited by zelkam

Great build! I'm a wagon guy from way back, and I've done a couple of transformations like this in the past too, but now you've inspired me to do a conversion like this using the Nomad roof on a '49-'54 Chevy coupe. With the exception of the rear fenderline, I'll be borrowing liberally from your design - slender, sloping pillars, for instance, and a tailgate with the same angle and in the same plane as the back glass. Unfortunately, my "To Build" list is a couple of dozen models long at the moment, so it may be a few years before I get around to it!