Model Cars Magazine Forum

Up to date license plates?

I need a source for up to date licence plate blanks, so I can make custom plates state by state. I already tried ACME, some of the designs (such as NY) haven't been updated in decades, or should I say, have up to date designs available. ACME not only doesn't have the current "Empire Gold" blank, they don't even have the previous blue over white design. Any suggestions?

BTW, tho this is for model cars, it is also to help spot a bank robber... 2001 Acura (gray) NY reg. FPV9656

i use this site for plates

http://www.licenseplates.tv/new-york-174.html?sort=20a&page=5

new york only goes up to 86 but they do have some info on the plate you want

(qouted from the site)

"

In 2001, New York issued another license plate with artwork printed on reflective white, on which the slogan "THE EMPIRE STATE" was re-introduced. The most unpopular license plate from New York was issued in 2010 in deep reflective yellow and deep blue. Car collectors despise this design and question the issuing authority's choice of colors and graphic design. Custom plates are not embossed with the exception of the border. This is not an attractive license plate design and the state may want to listen to New Yorkers and change this “ghastly” deep reflective yellow and deep blue quickly."

Dave, I found that image before I posted. Maybe I wasn't clear. I want to make a plate... my choice of digits. Thus the request for "blanks". Sorry if I failed to express that.

Edited by Jon Cole

I seem to remember two sites for plates that I don't have the link for now.

1. There was a guy in Canada that made lots of license plate and police car decals from all over North America. His prices were pretty reasonable and the product looked good.

2. There was another guy that had a landing-page that had a pair of hands in a prison uniform gripping jail-cell bars. It was something like "pl8maker" or something to that effect. He had a selection of ready-made plates from all fifty states.

Anyone have either of those so I can add them back to my links?

And for the record- I think the new New York plate looks pretty cool.

Charlie Larkin

I've only made one set of plates with the acme license plate maker,but when I reduced them down to size,they were horribly blurry. I used them anyway,but I'm definitely not satisfied with my effort. How do I prevent that from happening? This is the model I used them on and as you can see,they are just barely legible.

016-4.jpg

I've only made one set of plates with the acme license plate maker,but when I reduced them down to size,they were horribly blurry. I used them anyway,but I'm definitely not satisfied with my effort. How do I prevent that from happening? This is the model I used them on and as you can see,they are just barely legible.

016-4.jpg

Easiest way is put them into Word, and reduce the size....it will stay sharp.I use PS cause I'm adding the letters

IMG_2058-1.jpg