Model Cars Magazine Forum

who makes this resin body?

The Malibu wagon was first done by F&F Resin. Ed Fluck SR. (I belive it was done sometiime in 2000) I now have it but I need to make a new mold for it. I just poured 2 the other day and the roof section is getting thin. Prob by the end of the year I will have them out again.

Cant wait to see what you do with yours!

Im also not sure that body was done by F&F though, must be another copy of it made.

I love that body style also.

I just bought a 79 Malibu 2dr, cant wait to build that!

I mastered that for Ed Fluck senior, back around 1997. I still have the original master , and it came with an interior, cowl hood, and front and rear bumpers. Ed also cast a similar 'bu wagon with the El camino SS front end and a rolled rear pan with 'vette tail lights; also mastered by me. Steve Zimmerman aka the'Z'man

Yea thats right Steve. I figured it was around 97 or so, last time it was offered was around 2000 or so I belive from F&F. The one I have is from one of the first pours of that body that Ed Sr. had.

The Malibu with the SS front end I also have. Both are very cool and well done.

Manny

The 'Monte' version has a chopped roof; Ed cast 2 versions of this one, but very few of the second version were cast before the mold broke. The second version has the ground effects that are on the first' monte' version,, but has the wheel well openings modified to resemble those on the 82/87 Monte Carlo . It was Ed's decision to call that a Monte Carlo Phantom sedan delivery, despite my objections.........'Z'