Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nader's Nightmare

Psychographic

The wheelie bars are ready for paint. They won't be permanently mounted, they have pins that fit into holes on the rear and are somewhat spring loaded, so they snap into place. The wheels are from a Hotwheels car. I'm still looking for something smaller, but I can live with these if I have to.

P9100066.jpg

I also pinned the roof so it too can be removed and be topless for those sunny days.

P9100067.jpg

Now that the roof will stay on, I finally get to see the whole body flipped open. I think It's pretty cool looking.

P9100065.jpg

The wheelie bars are painted in Alclad. Now that the roof will be removable I will have access to the headliner and the dashboard, two things that I was worried about once it came time to paint and detail. Now that I do have easy access to these parts, I thought it would be good to add some details. I added some ribs to the headliner that will be done in Alclad while the headliner will be flocked.

Here's a few pics.

P9100068.jpg

P9100069.jpg

P9100070.jpg

With a little luck, I'll be painting the body this weekend. I'm torn between yellow (the chassis color that photographs green :wacko: ) with a white roof, or yellow with some SS style rally stripes.

I will be finishing up the sanding on the inside of the body tonight, the outside looks like it needs 1 spot fixed and we will be painting. If my plotter will cut small enough, it's getting the rally stripes, if not a white roof and yellow body will work.

The last update pics before the paint.

P9110071.jpg

P9110072.jpg