Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ihobby chicago

I haven't attended the ihobby show in years. However, when Testors was the Italeri distributor, they use to announce the upcoming truck kits their. Testors being located in Rockford, Illinois. Now MRC is the US Italeri distributor, MRC being located in New Jersey, the New York Toy and Hobby show is where they have been announcing the new kits in February. May be they might have something at ihobby. Moebius announced the Lonestar kit at ihobby 2 years ago. I suspect they will announce some new truck kits their. Possibly Revell, which is located in the Chicago area might have some new information.

Hello Tim

I am not going but stop at all the plastic model kit booths and check what they are planning for 2012 and report back to us.

Daniel Gailloux

Daniel, I saw a couple of your trucks on an other forum and I was amazed at your St-Dominique Mack concrete truck, I you haven't shown it here before, I sincerely think you should.

Since you know about the St-Dominique concrete trucks, would you by any chance live near St-Hyacynthe??

http://www.modelretailer.com/en/The%20Industry/Industry%20News/2011/08/iHobbyCleveland.aspx

iHobby Expo moves to Cleveland

Published: August 22, 2011

The Hobby Manufacturers Association has announced that the 28th annual iHobby Expo will move to The International Exposition Center (I-X Center) in Cleveland, Ohio, Oct. 11-14, 2012.

HMA President Michael Bass, owner of Stevens International, said that the decision to move the expo hinged primarily on feedback from surveys of trade and exhibitor attendees.

"Our surveys indicated the desire of both exhibitors and trade attendees to visit other markets and evenures to reach important retailers in all regions of the country," Bass said in a HMA press release.

In the same press release, HMA Show Committee Chair Douglas Blaine (Bachmann Trains) said that the return on exhibitors' investments was "crucial" to the decision to move iHobby to another venue.

"We also wish to create the same excitement and interest in model hobbies in other markets throughout the U.S.," he said.

The I-X Center is near the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and hosts other shows during the year, including the Piston Power Show, featuring piston-powered vehicles.

The 27th iHobby Expo is Oct. 20-23, 2011 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.

Sorry guys, I don't know specifics but I did promise not to tell what I do know. I think we'll all be getting good news from the show though!!!

Well, it got ME excited! Anything tractor trailer related will be excellent news... I say ALRIGHT MOEBIUS!