Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix NASCAR

streetisneat

I found this car is my model stash, partially built but the body parts and body are in great shape. I also have some 3/32 brass tubing. This could be a good experiment to see how well I like the bigger scale. One thing with me having MS it is a lot easier to see, lol. You guys give me some suggestions on whaqt to build, Pro Street or Pro Mod, etc

Paul welcome to the Big boyz section... I have to say that 1/16 scale is much easier with us guys with big fingers as well. As you said it makes things easier on the eyes and I have to completely agree.

I would say build what you like! We have a lot of Pro Mod stuff from 1/24 all the way up to 1/8 scale going on these days. So if this is something you would like to give a spin, I am sure you can find a lot of helpful posts to get you started. The biggest thing is just have fun with your project and enjoy!

McCreary it's great to here you are going to try a big scale. The Pontiac Grand Prix is a nice starting point. I think a Pro Street would be the way to go, no body mods and you can build a bad ass car still. Put a BBC in it and a 9in. rear end,

400TH, and your on your way. Man have fun bro . and i'll be looking. Love to help!

Very helpful Derrick and nice job. I have been trying to post but it says the pics are to big. What are the tires from.

Paul, the 1/16 FC's on ebay are going for $40-$80 each, I would say just go with the Flashpoint Motorsport 1/16 Pro Mod slicks and they are only $15 for the pair. Much cheaper alternative and that is what I am using as well, then you can either stencil or use decals from M/T, Hoosier or Goodyear on them and put a flat clear on the tire over the decal and you will be good to go.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

• 1 month later...