Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 NASCAR COT builds

martinfan5

Here are all the 2011 COT builds I have done this year, these are past revell nascar kits that I have redone to make a COT version. I did redo the chassis's as well to make them current COT style. They are not perfect, but close enough to be s shelf model for me. I will say one thing, I have gone thru a boat load of putty doing these :lol:

88a.jpg

18a.jpg

S7302893.jpg

S7302892.jpg

S7302890.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Hey, good looking builds, all of them. I just don't understand, why Toytota is driving NASCAR. :angry: It was for American Cars, originally. One question, what actually is COT build? I've wondered that few times and now I just have to ask about it.

Hey, good looking builds, all of them. I just don't understand, why Toytota is driving NASCAR. :angry: It was for American Cars, originally. One question, what actually is COT build? I've wondered that few times and now I just have to ask about it.

Niko, COT stands for Car of tommorow. It is the latest version of what the Nascar's top series drivers drive. They started out with wings and strut supported front splitters but now have a much more pleasing look with a front and rear spoilers.

Niko, COT stands for Car of tommorow. It is the latest version of what the Nascar's top series drivers drive. They started out with wings and strut supported front splitters but now have a much more pleasing look with a front and rear spoilers.

Thanks for that. I sometimes might ask these stupid things, because we don't use english here in Finland and then it's inpossible to know all of these things, like COT and S/I ans so on.

Thanks for that. I sometimes might ask these stupid things, because we don't use english here in Finland and then it's inpossible to know all of these things, like COT and S/I ans so on.

It was not a stupid question, I just was not sure what you meant by the qestion

JONATHAN, I THINK ALL OF YOUR COT CARS LOOK GREAT!!!!!! WERE DID YOU GET ALL YOUR DECALS FOR THEM?

All the decals came from patto's place decals, he is the only person doing this years decals quickly and his decals and customer service is some of the best this hobby have. Some people do not like his stuff and I am not sure why.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

Johnathan... what kits did you use for these?? I have been wanting to build one of Jeff Gordon's new cars since he is my favorite driver

For the Chevy's I used Revells 2003 - 05 Monte Carlo kit, for the fords, I used the 2005 Taurus kit, and the dodge I used revells intrepid kits, the Toyota's where made from the Monte Carlo