Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deal's Wheels Ford Truck....'53 DREAM!

DREAM 53 is 1953 Ford F100 pickup truck that has been built in the “Deal’s Wheels” Style. This truck started as an AMT 1953 Ford Flipnose and an original 1971 set of Deal’s Wheels VW Van wheels & tires ....

DSCN1323.jpg

Here how I modified the body…

Reduced the width of the cab, reduced the width of the front flipnose, shortened the cab & cut off the pickup bed ends to meet the fenders. Part of the hood was removed & the cab was moved forward. Next the front fenders were shortened & the rear fenders were made wider.

DSCN1102.jpg

Most of the chassis parts are 16th scale. The AMT 16th Scale Cobra supplied the Tailpipes, Shocks, Oil Pan & Transmission Bump. 16th Scale '34 Ford supplied the Rear End. Traction Bars are from the parts box. I used aluminum tubing for the ends of the exhaust pipes.

DSCN1151.jpg

The Frenched Taillights are "Custom Styling Studio" parts from the Model Museum. These are "resin taillight housings with machined acrylic bullet taillights". I made the license plate from the "ACME License Maker" website.

DSCN1343.jpg

I painted the '53 Ford F100 with Tamiya's Camel Yellow and used Satin Black for contrast. The pickup bed is covered with wood grain decals & silver strips.

DSCN1343.jpg

Edited by Ira

Cant see any pictures...or must i follow all this links? :angry:

I got a few photos posted today!!! You don't have to follow the links anymore....

It looks like you had blast building this. Congrats.

It was GREAT FUN!!!

THANKS!!!

Edited by Ira