Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Classic Crusers Lamborghini Diablo?

RickRollerLT1

This kit:

http://www3.towerhob...?&I=LXBGVG&P=SM

Is this any good? I heard it's a reissue of the rare Revell Snap-Tite kit from 1993, which was pretty decent from what I heard.

Hope this isn't like AMT/ERTL's attempt they made, which was nothing more than an ill-fitting, blobby mess destined for parts.

Edited by V-spec

Actually that is a snap kit, but is very detailed. I have several, and they have full engine, and chassis detail. once they are together you would never know they are snap kits. This is from the same series of snap kits as the revell '91 caprice, Acura NSX, 93 Camaro, and Dodge viper kits. All very nice kits.

why would it be considered a classic cruiser? , its a 90's diablo which isnt really a classic

It's a simple kit, no higher than Level 2 according to Revell's ratings, and they seem to like to package some of the Monogram kits ('55 Ford pickup, '32 Ford, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe) as well as former Snap-Tite kits under the Monogram Classic Cruiser line in an attempt to distinguish these kits from the more modern, complex Revell kits.

Once they are together you would never know they are snap kits. This is from the same series of snap kits as the Revell '91 Caprice, '94 Impala SS, Acura NSX, 93 Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am, 94 Mustang/s,and Dodge Viper RT10/GTS coupe kits. All very nice kits.

Yup, they R pretty awesome kits!! Very little fitment issues but extremely detailed being a snapper.

Most of these kits were reboxed and rereleased as normal glue kits (even the lambo, which became a KB exclusive at some point), and some were retooled into later variants, such as the 93 f-body kits being turned into the 98-02 variants; the 94 mustang into the 96 SVT & the 97 Saleen Speedster, the Super Stallion variant, and lastly the '99 SVT Cobra; and the NSX had new wheels tooled up to turn it into a newer '99 model, but otherwise the same.

For some who didn't know, the '94 Mustang was planned as a snap-tite release first, but they decided to release the Pace car 'vert and the GT coupe as monogram boxed glue kits instead (which explanes some of its snap tite roots), though it would find it's way into into the snap tite line later on as the Shindoa Boss Mustang.

How does Revell-Monograms Lambo compare with AMT/ERTL's offering? The AMT kit is HORRIBLE!! Nothing seated together properly, ans the floorboard wouldn't sit right causing it to be exposed when the tall, shallow interior and the tall glass are placed underneath the body. I know R-M's has to be better, as with all of their other snap-tites kits (though AMT's 93-7 F-bodys and 94-8 Mustangs were pretty decent, dispite their moderate shortcomings)

• 2 weeks later...

This one is probably the best of the Revell full-detail Snap-Tite offerings from the mid-1990s and in this writer's opinion, likely the best of the existing Diablo kits. Do NOT compare this to the vintage AMT/Ertl kit as that was just horrendous and a very expensive lesson in having the kit engineered out of house. I'll take this one over Italeri's any day.