Model Cars Magazine Forum

06 Dodge Charger with classic badges

James Tester

While painting my Porsche, I decided to shoot some paint on this Testors Dodge Charger. The color is Porsche Seal Grey metallic from Cobra Colors with a PPG Urathane clear coat. I thought that the car needed something different so I painted the grille body color and added some chrome transferred emblems from the parts box. These were meant for a 69 Charger, but I thought they looked better than the kit ones. Let the pictures do the talking...

Comments are always welcome...

James

52lac2a.jpg

4px00mv.jpg

5z6hzys.jpg

52gkftz.jpg

I got a chance to do a little more work on the Charger this weekend.

Nothing special about the interior. Just basic modeling. The colors are a custom mixed Tamiya acrylic grey and a custom mixed semi-flat black.

4p2iz50.jpg

The front end received some Tamiya grille mesh leftover from another project. The headlights look pretty cool IMHO. I went around the edges of the lenses with a black sharpie marker to eliminate the clear edge.

52coci1.jpg

The back end needed a little bit of work to get the lenses flush with the body. The backs of the chrome piece were sanded as much as they could be and then the edges where the lense attaches was also sanded down. I detailed the lenses and chrome piece with a sharpie marker to add interest.

4kfb3lz.jpg

Lastly, (I know I will get comments on this part). I decided to stick with the stock wheels from the kit. I shot them with some Tamiya flat aluminum and added a wash where the bolts are. I will be lowering the stock suspension so I think they will look alright.

6b2itmc.jpg

As always, Comments are always welcome.

James