Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete exhaust pipe needed...FOUND..updated pictures 5/20/07

5-13-07

Guys,

I need your help to locate this part....as seen in the picture. Exhaust pipe from the turbo of a Pete 359 (Revell Can-Do Wrecker Kit) Cummins engine to the exhaust pipe(s) that branch off to the two stacks..This might be a common pipe within the Revell kits (which is in two pieces)..this one shows assembled.

I only need another one...for my on-going custom project. I need it for the complexed "bends"

Tim, maybe you have some suggestions ? Willing to pay or trade for the part. Please email me at: kgmclucas@comcast.net, or post a reply. Thank you...

Kurt McLucas

DSCN4646a.jpg

Here's a suggestion, get some plastic tube and slide a piece of solid brass or aluminum tube inside, then bend it to the shape you need. I've done this with exhaust pipes, but not on something this large. You could also try to just add some heat to the plastic tube with a hair dryer and make the bends. Just make sure you don't kink it.

Kurt,

From my own experience Exhaust Pipes and Air Intake pipes from the kits never fit properly without some adjustments. I use as much of the pipe as possible. But to get the right bend angles so the pipes run in the right direction I first take a piece of round plastic tube the right diameter. Then I cut lots of little pieces all at varying angles. Once this is done I glue the different angled pieces together to make the desired bend. Finally when the glue has set I use some filler and then sand it so the bend looks smooth. Tedious but it works for me. Good Luck with the project.

Just get some solder the same diameter as your pipe and bend yourself a new pipe. Solder bends easy, It's easy to sand and paint and it will polish almost like chrome if you want it that way. If you can't find solder the same diameter, just get some a bit bigger and roll it between two boards until you get the right diameter.

Guy's...

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Many of you have suggested ways I have already considered..though the solder comment was unique..thanks chevymaniac.

I would reallly like to find a duplicate to this one..since I will be using both for the "turn-out" portion that curves up around the canopy..

If I have to custom build one..I will, but I really don't. This project is really trying my patience as well.

Thank you, Kurt McLucas

For the REVELL Pete kits, other than the CAn-DO-Kit, that have the 475hp Cummins engine w/dual turbos..will the standard road tractor REVELL kit have this same engine configuration?? Just curious

Thank you to: CITY COBRA for coming through.

Here is (1) picture of the original exhaust finally modified for the dump bodies cab protector. I have to do the passenger side..then another check off of the fabrication list.

The final product will have Alclad II Stainless steel paint applied.

Thank you to all for the GREAT suggestions.

Kurt McLucas

DSCN4730.jpg