Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

a and n fittings

gridjockey

where can i get some fittings and braided line? i know there's detail masters, rb motion, hobby design and tuner model manufacturing. are there any more alternatives? i need some for a revell 1/12 mustang, looking for radiator hoses and some positive crankcase lines from valve covers to supercharger and air intake. any suggestions would be appreciated.imgp0155.jpg

Edited by gridjockey

i was leaning towards rb motion and thought they looked real professional. i just need this one application. i'll check out protech braided lines for sure. do they have a t connector for the coolant over flow to the intake manifold?

Edited by gridjockey

Technically, Pete J is correct, in that there was no autonomous branch of the military, e.g., U.S.A.F. until 1947, however there was the U.S. Army Air Corps (1926) which became the Army Air Force (1941). The USAAC/USAAF was the air branch of the Army during WWII. There is a more detailed description in this link, if interested...http://www.aafha.org/aaf_or_aircorps.html

Like Rommell I started using silver beads and tubes from the Michaels beading section

DSCI0263.jpg

They work really well and cost next to nothing compared to how many you get for the price. \i did buy the wrong one though..they should start at Size #0, no #1/ These are the silver tubes...the silver beads come in the same variety pack, again starting at #0. You can also get them in Gold.

Edited by Evil Appetite

I have those in gold and silver and they are good for modern connections. But there is no substitute when it comes to builds of cars that are a bit older. Then, only the good fittings will do.

I have the metal Detail Master and the Scale Motorsports resin ones as well. Those resin ones are also very nice and lots cheaper.

Bob

Any pics of them installed?

This was a mostly box stock build, but I used Detail Master's braided and solid line, as well as their machined aluminum A/N fittings back in '96. Click on the image to enlarge it...

IMG_0556-1.jpg

Edited by Casey