Model Cars Magazine Forum

Insane Driving skills

You think that's cool!?? How about the exact same thing but on a motorcycle! I don't know how to post videos here but go to Youtube and search for "jorian stunt" then choose the "drifting" video if this link to it doesn't work.

Personally, I think Ken Block is stupidly overrated. I've seen much better, yet I've seen much worse.

I also hear he's never won a championship...?

I don't know what it is that's so great about him, although I do give him a little bit of credit for drifting on banks, that's hard.

who cares if Ken Block has never won in WRC, does it really matter to YOU personally? does your day go any better or worse because your favorite player in football dropped the ball or didn't score the winning touchdown?

it's a cool video of a cool car shot in a cool setting with a obviously much more capable driver then probably 99% of the members here.

Oh, I'm just so sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Edited by Andy C.

he trademarked the word gymkhana despite the fact he doesnt do it then basically threatened lawsuits against all gymkhana sporting events around the world if they didnt pay or change their name

Sounds like a money making scheme. Gymkhanas have been around long before this twit.. he's got talent, but looking at his WRC record (19th in 2010, 22nd in 2011) it sounds like there is more hype than substance there as far as he is as a racing driver...

Edited by Rob Hall

and that's where i find it amusing. what, no one trademarked gymkhana? well Ken Block did, now pay up suckers.

That'll end up getting thrown out. Donald Trump tried the same thing a while back with the phrase "You're Fired", as did Paris Hilton with ""That's Hot". Both suits were thrown out.

and that's where i find it amusing. what, no one trademarked gymkhana? well Ken Block did, now pay up suckers. i don't find his lack of winning any more upsetting then whoever that girl is that can't drive an F1 car or anything else that well for that matter, so what.

And he didn't even invent it!!

Like Rob said, it's just a way for him to get money.

By the way-I think you're speaking of Danica Patrick. I'll tell ya what, she's a lot hotter than Ken is :blink:

and that's where i find it amusing. what, no one trademarked gymkhana? well Ken Block did, now pay up suckers. i don't find his lack of winning any more upsetting then whoever that girl is that can't drive an F1 car or anything else that well for that matter, so what.

Well, he's not a serious racer if he can't compete and win or at least place highly...big difference between a racer and a stunt driver...it seems he's more of a stunt driver and entertainer..

Edited by Rob Hall

I had never even heard of Ken Block until seeing this video. I just thought it was a cool video with some mad driving skills showcased. I didn't mean to set off a whole bunch of personal opinions of the guy and his so-called ethics, or lack thereof. And how did this go so far off course that Danica Patrick had to become a part of the topic? That's a whole other arguement for you guys.

By the way, the shoes are cool. I'm going to have to get a pair.

Those finger shoes are creepy looking...used to work w/ a triathlete that wore them to work (Vibram FiveFingers). I'll stick w/ my Eccos and Sperry Top Siders..

I've talked to a couple guys that have them. One guy has back problems and they're the only shoe he can comfortably wear and the other is a cross athlete who is working on becoming an EMS. The big thing is it use them in the right terrain, the second guy found for all terrain running that they didn't provide the correct support over rocks and such (which I have had kill shoes while just walking over) but worked well for most other surfaces and he'd even lift while wearing them!