Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

O.K., so in my last post I mentioned a trip to Toys R Us to see if I could find some type of toy that comes close to matching 25th scale with some weaponry that I could use and I found it. So, now I have a new gun mocked up on the turret with more to come in other areas of the Zombie Cruiser (new name) along with the start to a rear deck plate. More to come.

DSC08985-vi.jpg

DSC08987-vi.jpg

DSC08988-vi.jpg

Ok, so compared to my normal stuff, this one is pretty tame.

No added guns, no flair- just a plain old '72 Olds Cutlass that's been shot at, scratched up, and been in and out of scrapes with the enemy.

Lucky for the driver of this vehicle, he is a mechanic- so you'll notice that the engine compartment is well taken care of as compared to the exterior.

I also opted out for a LOT of rust, I did some subtle bits here and there and stuck with it. I ended up taking the sand off before it bonded, because it covered up too much detail.

So, here's the "Sprinter" '72 Olds Cutlass, built for flight, not fight.

IMG_20120124_225040-vi.jpg

IMG_20120124_225118-vi.jpg

IMG_20120124_225308-vi.jpg

More past the break...

ZOMBILLAC

I got a ecto 1a ghost busters car i like this kit becauce it is a big car .it has a interior but no motor or gear box the rules said no curside so i will put one in.

i have lot's of spare car parts so i hope i can build a post apocalypse car.and thank you to doctor cranky for he's you tube post's and this build

ECTO201-A20LEFT20SIDE.jpg

ECTO201A20RIGHT20SIDE.jpg

Edited by SPIKE426

Cool Cutlass!

ty ty, good sir.

I was having trouble making a fitting cockpit for my CCAF Red Hawk air assault vehicle I'm making for this build, so I figured I'd build something else to unclog the ol' brain pipes so I can come back at it with a clear head. Plus, I wanted to go outside the norm and do something simple, so I made a 'getaway' car. You know, like that really strong muscle car sitting in the hideout garage just in case a quick escape is in order.

My wife bought me a Revell '55 Chevy Street Machine as a gift to show how happy she is with my recent promotion to shift manager- needless to say she's short a piece of jewelry for that purchase, so I'm definitely gonna be using that kit as well in this build.

I've got so much to finish at the moment for what I have in store at the present time for this build, as well as many future ideas to last the rest of this year. That, and I'll be moving soon so I'll possibly be out of commission for a week while we get everything situated.

Good thing is, I'll have plenty of pictures to post once we get it all done!

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Alright I'm not too worried about Zombies Tho if the random Zombie shows up I'll deal with him. I'm more concerned with All these Maniacs running around looking for Zombies in their machines. I realized these wild and seriously heavy Machines are gonna be Fuel Hungry. and some of thoser Maniacs might do anything to anyone to get fuel. So I am building a Mad Max type car. Found an old early 70s Mustang and am adapting it to my survival needs. Gonna have a Boss 429 with a nice blower on top. The cars main use will be on Roads but will sport a slightly lifted stance in the event I have to go off road at speed cause ya never know one of yall Might get after me and I might have to go off road to get around Stalled or wrecked cars.

Ok enough yammerin here's a few pics I still aint charged my cam so we'll have to settle for cell phone pics

518775087_photobucket_9248_-1.jpg

518775087_photobucket_9247_.jpg

Don't worry bout the missing Light I have a few kits coming soon and said light is in the mess.

Edited by Rick Schmidt

it's soo hard to comment when the pages move soo fast.

Supercar. build looks great and love the Mustard bottle Idea..(can't wait to find an empty one)

Great thinking Schmidt, I'll be looking for ya for extra fuel ;) Mine will get Terrible mileage but will be strong and fast.

Spike426, I believe Crankie said a no engine was Okay, as long as your in, it's just fine and dandy. :D

Zombiehunter, Killer looking car but a Convertible? Guess ya plan on Out running the Zombies.. :lol:

Of course, back in the Old days, Zombie could barely walk after ya, Now they can run.

Will they be able to drive in the future? I don't know but I'm not taking any chances.

Outlaw. WOW! ya is Armed to the Teeth..

Hippie. WOW WOW!! That is a wicked looking 3wheeler and great details..

not much work on mine but got an engine together with a Blower and Mailbox intake and my driver.

409481_2888947674388_1581097396_2553700_965366138_n.jpg

I'm still working with the plow to get it to move up and down right were I want it too.

396095_2888948114399_1581097396_2553701_1643371520_n.jpg

Edited by RodneyBad

it's soo hard to comment when the pages move soo fast.

Supercar. build looks great and love the Mustard bottle Idea..(can't wait to find an empty one)

Great thinking Schmidt, I'll be looking for ya for extra fuel ;) Mine will get Terrible mileage but will be strong and fast.

Spike426, I believe Crankie said a no engine was Okay, as long as your in, it's just fine and dandy. :D

Zombiehunter, Killer looking car but a Convertible? Guess ya plan on Out running the Zombies.. :lol:

Of course, back in the Old days, Zombie could barely walk after ya, Now they can run.

Will they be able to drive in the future? I don't know but I'm not taking any chances.

Outlaw. WOW! ya is Armed to the Teeth..

Hippie. WOW WOW!! That is a wicked looking 3wheeler and great details..

not much work on mine but got an engine together with a Blower and Mailbox intake and my driver.

409481_2888947674388_1581097396_2553700_965366138_n.jpg

I'm still working with the plow to get it to move up and down right were I want it too.

396095_2888948114399_1581097396_2553701_1643371520_n.jpg

Imagine how I feel, every time I tune in I have like 3 more pages to catch up on, and I am HERE all the time. Wow, what Rodney said and all you guys are doing some amazing work. The CARAVAN is definitely shining with some great variety of vehicles. I like that.

Keep the great work coming. I have never seen this much eye candy flying around at once. FABULOUS!

post-8045-0-13704000-1327493233_thumb.jp

ZOMBILLAC

I got a ecto 1a ghost busters car i like this kit becauce it is a big car .it has a interior but no motor or gear box the rules said no curside so i will put one in.

i have lot's of spare car parts so i hope i can build a post apocalypse car.and thank you to doctor cranky for he's you tube post's and this build

ECTO201-A20LEFT20SIDE.jpg

ECTO201A20RIGHT20SIDE.jpg

post-8045-0-77678900-1327493292_thumb.jp

post-8045-0-57794400-1327493329_thumb.jp

post-8045-0-96406500-1327493374_thumb.jp

HHD is coming along nicely Doc!

I may send out a few of my vehicles later this year, as I'm gonna have to finish up a few more chapters of the journal to get my caravan out to the rest of the caravan!

He's got a long ways to go though, he's currently on his way down to the swamplands that used to be Florida :P (and it looks to me that your HHD is set maybe somewhere in the desert? maybe the Mojave?)

And to everyone else- I am loving what I see! Although I crunch my time so tightly between building, writing, working, and family I rarely have time to update let alone mention EVERYONE- I look at everything, and so far I'm mighty impressed!

As it stands- I'm finishing up Swamp Runner's detail work and kind of blundering my way through my ever-present cockpit problem with the Red Hawk- as well as starting to work on the '55 Chevy (no nickname for it yet...). As stated before, I'll be moving soon so I'll most likely be packing everything up here later in the week...

I'll keep ya posted!

ok, here are pics of my kit. its new as per the rules. i have to dig out my 22R kit from crewdawg. ill be adding a turbo to it. i want it to be a scout truck, so it needs some quickness.

found this for inspiration. http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/461uparmouredhilux5fingb1.jpg

so ill be hitting the LHS to find some weaponry. :D any ideas of what to look for would be great. this way i dont walk blindly into a hole in my wallet..lols

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg