Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Here are some more pics of the zibblefritzer.

The plow is made from .005" copper foil. All of the struts are heavy copper wire. It is soldered together with resin cored solder. Inspiriation was the U.K. Robot Wars house robot "Shunt".

The bug itself is some drag race/2 in 1 VW kit that came in a brown box. I forget the manufacturer, but it wasn't one of the American ones. The engine/power train and lower floor pan were taken from some glue bomb Tamia F1 car I picked up second hand. Rear wheels are obviously Revell truck front wheels. Probably off my Peterbuilt that got squished when my shelves collapsed.

Edit: It was the IMC Union #MC05-1500 VW Gasser - Thanks Tony. Unfortunately the sprue for the drag car version interior etc. was missing from the box, and as I bought it from a dealer at a car show, I was stuffed.

P1000487-vi.jpg

P1000489-vi.jpg

P1000490-vi.jpg

P1000483-vi.jpg

P1000486-vi.jpg

This thing should have been in "Jeeprers Creepers"

Awesome !!!

Spartanburg2012091.jpg

Spartanburg2012092.jpg

Spartanburg2012094.jpg

Before the out break, the "LTV"(Liberator Tatical Vehicle) company was working on a high tech Recon Vehicle. This vehicle has a 572ci big block set up to run on any combustable fuel. All wheel drive and set up with an on board computer backed serveilance system. Equipped with mini-guns & 50 cal remote weapons. The rear weapon is mounted on a slide system so the rear hatch can be closed when it is not in use. The top and side mounted weapons are remotely controlled by the on board computer. The tires are filled with a punture sealing foam. When the Out break set in two of the builders set out in the LVT to find others who had managed to survive the hordes. The LTV corp. had set up over 200 locations across the nation , bunkers with Fuel, Food and ammunition the drivers felt they had an ace in the hole. With General Eyegore`s permission, we would like to join the convoy to help fight off the Zombie hordes. "The Liberator" is more than willing to share the supplys in the hidden bunkers with everyone.

Edited by ronr

A day off from work today allowed me to get some more work done. The zombie catcher is done and attached to the front end. And I added some additional panels to the sides and hood. Plenty more to come before it's ready for paint.

DSC08998-vi.jpg

DSC08999-vi.jpg

DSC09000-vi.jpg

DSC09001-vi.jpg

DSC09002-vi.jpg

Wayne, this is always my favorite stage of these builds. The primer when all the parts come together under one skin. It's looking mighty good (and TOUGH). I love it. Keep it going, chap.

Spartanburg2012091.jpg

Spartanburg2012092.jpg

Spartanburg2012094.jpg

Before the out break, the "LTV"(Liberator Tatical Vehicle) company was working on a high tech Recon Vehicle. This vehicle has a 572ci big block set up to run on any combustable fuel. All wheel drive and set up with an on board computer backed serveilance system. Equipped with mini-guns & 50 cal remote weapons. The rear weapon is mounted on a slide system so the rear hatch can be closed when it is not in use. The top and side mounted weapons are remotely controlled by the on board computer. The tires are filled with a punture sealing foam. When the Out break set in two of the builders set out in the LVT to find others who had managed to survive the hordes. The LTV corp. had set up over 200 locations across the nation , bunkers with Fuel, Food and ammunition the drivers felt they had an ace in the hole. With General Eygore`s permission, we would like to join the convoy to help fight off the Zombie hordes. "The Liberator" is more than willing to share the supplys in the hidden bunkers with everyone.

RON, you too, these builds are going to be the end of me, my eyes, my jaw! What a great CARAVAN this is turning out to be.

Thank you for being such a wonderful, integral part of it! Wow.

I've been enjoying all of the builds so far. There's nothing like seeing a build go from the early stages of development right through the time you put on primer and unify all the parts. Goes to show you that with a variety of parts and letting your imagination have free range you can come up with vehicles that are guaranteed to draw attention to themselves anywhere you show them because nobody has seen them before.

So keep up the great work, everyone.

Also, I hope all of you already committed to the TZH SQUAD CARAVAN will continue to recruit new recruits to join in and make the CARAVAN longer.

The world is full of Zombies, so Gen. EYEGORE needs all the help he can get! ;)

Dr C...are u going to jaxcon???...my cheveHell is almost done was wondering if i should show it or wait til next yr if u have something planned for that show...

Wayne...look'n better every time i see it....

Blazefox...that mustang look grt8...specially the front end...Z guts all over the place

Shane...the bug is nasty good...the plow looks like a bats wing...luv it

Ronr...the recon veh is gonna be killer...

Why look at all these wonderful people lurking and soaking up all the eye candy. I am wondering how tempted they are to jump in with a TZH Squad contribution:

PlasticKit, LoneWolf14, Matt21726, Ryan S., Darren B, Danny Lectro, ronr!

Let there be more RECRUITS! This in an order from General EYEGORE!

PlasticKit, LoneWolf14, Matt21726, Ryan S., Darren B, Danny Lectro, ronr!

Let there be more RECRUITS! This in an order from General EYEGORE!

Doc, I have started on my survivor settlement courier Dodge Dart, but I don't have anything ready to show just yet... Please don't set General EYEGORE on me!

Edited by Danny Lectro

Hmmmn ! Pretty darn bossy for a kid whose mommy dresses him funny at times ! Lmao !

Here's the deal , I've up my mind what kit I'm going to use . Of coarse , it's a vintage kit and still sealed in the cellophane . Watch the kit purists stroke out on this one !

The first will be done my way as a scout / stealth commando car . The second project will be done your way , cause rust never sleeps ! This way , I can placate Shiny Jim and he won't end up in a round rubber room looking for a quarter in the corner !

Need to start searching for the rust project , next couple of shows should turn up what I'm looking for . It's going to be awhile before I can even think about starting these projects , the 8ft shop table is completely covered with builds in various stages of completion !

Oh by the way , it's Lonewolf 15 not 14 , tell Igor that I don't accept demotions lightly ! Lol !

I'd like to join but the I'm having tons of trouble with my build because I don't know anything about scratch building and don't have any scratchbuilding supplies so all I can do is glue a couple kits together i guess. I have 2 planned the first, and definetly the toughest for me to do is a f-250 I'm calling The Rig, and the other is something I feel would stick out from the caravan, and Definetly out run it! but I'm waiting for that to come in the mail. I'll post pictures when I finally fell like I'm getting somewhere.

I havent had a chance to read the whole thread to see if this was suggested but some folks have been asking why old cars are always used for Apocolypse vehicles. Depending on the "trigger" event of the Apocolypse newer vehicle might not work due to magnetic fields, nuclear fallout, etc Also old school cars are easier to work on & repair on the fly. All you need to worry about is air, fuel, & fire not what code 42 is or why the car is stuck in "limp mode" Seems like a plausable explaination to me :)

Quite so. Joe Average has no hope of fixing some computer fault, asuming the EMP from the nukes didn't already fry them all (in the case of nuclear war). Other factors would include things like modern cars being made of plastic. One minor bump and the thing shatters, or crumples up into a ball for safety. Break their windshield, and they lose structural integrity!

And of course, the old style cars are just plain cooler to look at! Still in an argument against chosing this sort of car, I don't like my chances of finding a Henry J in real life to use! Mind you, I wouldn't have to walk to far to nab a couple of 50's Holden FJs.

Edited by otherunicorn

Hmmmn ! Pretty darn bossy for a kid whose mommy dresses him funny at times ! Lmao !

Here's the deal , I've up my mind what kit I'm going to use . Of coarse , it's a vintage kit and still sealed in the cellophane . Watch the kit purists stroke out on this one !

The first will be done my way as a scout / stealth commando car . The second project will be done your way , cause rust never sleeps ! This way , I can placate Shiny Jim and he won't end up in a round rubber room looking for a quarter in the corner !

Need to start searching for the rust project , next couple of shows should turn up what I'm looking for . It's going to be awhile before I can even think about starting these projects , the 8ft shop table is completely covered with builds in various stages of completion !

Oh by the way , it's Lonewolf 15 not 14 , tell Igor that I don't accept demotions lightly ! Lol !

LOL! You just cracked me up and EYEGORE ran off to hide under one of the couches. Can't wait to see what you'll cook up, buddy!

No, my mother never dressed me in a bunny suit, but I did play Zorro, Sailor, and Circus Clown! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to join but the I'm having tons of trouble with my build because I don't know anything about scratch building and don't have any scratchbuilding supplies so all I can do is glue a couple kits together i guess. I have 2 planned the first, and definetly the toughest for me to do is a f-250 I'm calling The Rig, and the other is something I feel would stick out from the caravan, and Definetly out run it! but I'm waiting for that to come in the mail. I'll post pictures when I finally fell like I'm getting somewhere.

Harold scratch building is easy DON'T look at the whole item break it in to pieces then it is round square or a triangle! as far as supplys you have parts trees and for a buck or two a for sale sign from the store or whatever you have on hand! I am always looking at stuff! My wife knows the look I get when I find something new!! LOL LOL PK