Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Why look at all these wonderful people lurking and soaking up all the eye candy. I am wondering how tempted they are to jump in with a TZH Squad contribution:

PlasticKit, LoneWolf14, Matt21726, Ryan S., Darren B, Danny Lectro, ronr!

Let there be more RECRUITS! This in an order from General EYEGORE!

Oh I'm in, I'm working and getting inspiration from the tread here at the same time! Hopefully I'll post some pictures later today on the progress, I did some painting yesterday.

Greetings all you TZH Squad Members, the good news is the T-shirt will be available by February 13, and then they ca ship out that week. Thank all those of you who've reserved your T's. Be proud and you didn't care how you brought down all those Zombies.

For those of you joining up now, here's what I am talking about:

If you are interested, please send me a personal message.

Heres a small upate on my dart. I added some armor to the rear and side windows i also added weld seams and some dents for a little added realisim. Sorry the dents are hard to see.I decided to go with a smaller tank. its something i built awile ago for a progect just like this. Also name for this ride still is in the works.

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Edited by Matt21726

I havent had a chance to read the whole thread to see if this was suggested but some folks have been asking why old cars are always used for Apocolypse vehicles. Depending on the "trigger" event of the Apocolypse newer vehicle might not work due to magnetic fields, nuclear fallout, etc Also old school cars are easier to work on & repair on the fly. All you need to worry about is air, fuel, & fire not what code 42 is or why the car is stuck in "limp mode" Seems like a plausable explaination to me :)

Daymn! Readin' this thread is a wealth hazzard.

Today's build progress: (and I'm still in Australia)

P1000561-vi.jpg

Does that mean you're going to convert it back to a mechanical distributer and couple of big holley carbs Ken ? Or fit it with a sub-nuclear polymorphic powerplant ? Looks like a nice start with a lot of potential (plus I like the shape of them :) ) .

Got to do a little more to mine tonight (I keep getting random ideas about how to do things with it), scratch built 10 semi auto shotguns that will be sort of hidden under the roofracks when it's finished (Holly's obviously pissed off with those Zombies) , I told you it would be well armed ..

armed.jpg

armed2.jpg

Does that mean you're going to convert it back to a mechanical distributer and couple of big holley carbs Ken ? Or fit it with a sub-nuclear polymorphic powerplant ? Looks like a nice start with a lot of potential (plus I like the shape of them :) ) .

Gotta find a small block chevy for it!!!

If you want to use metal in your build, I recommend .005" copper foil. It is great for shaping. By rubbing it with a ball shaped tool (even a coarse ball point pen can be used) you can get compound curves.

OK, I am in. Just to let everyone know, I dont have a camera that takes very good pictures. I will hopefully be sending mine to Cranky at the end of the build so he can do his photo shoot on the highway to hell. I am building a monster truck semi with a cargo box on the back, a push bar on the front and pretty much a gun every where you can imagine. I will try to send some pics from my phone, but you have to bear with me here, cause it doesnt take good pics either. I am super excited about this build and looking forward to working with all of you creative modelers. THANKS Jerred

Shipyards and steel plants will be food for the imagineers to eat. I found an old dredging machine, tons of steel, and a few willing hands to construct a land based dreadnot for collecting and production of the things needed by those left, if this Zombie threat carries on or very long.

Thank's , I'll see if I can find some , the aluminium sheet I have is a bit thicker , just that little bit hard to work with but I'm still experimenting :)

The entire body of this build is copper foil and copper wire. You can see the shaping I got on the rear guards. The flare is part of the same pieceof metal. Okay, this one is fairly rough for obvious reasons, but you get the ... AAAARGGGG a Zombie!!!!

P1000564-vi.jpg

P1000562-vi.jpg