Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

All right, all you Zombie Hunters . . . we are BACK with the sickness in part thanks to Dark World Creations. We are working on several exciting new projects and we've started a great collaboration that is going to benefit every ZOMBIE HUNTER out there (and here.)

Stay tuned in for more.

ALL RIGHT, CRANKYHEADS, listen up. All those of you who have built (finished and photographed your models) would you do me a favor and contact me because we would like to feature your finished builds in an up-coming book that Doctor Cranky's Lab-RAT-ory will published some time next year.

Again, all you have or need to do is have a Zombie or Post-Apocalyptic build finished and then contact me through the PM system here or send me an email to

VSUAREZ666@AOL.COM

CRANKYHEADS, please remember to take your photographs at the highest quality setting your camera offers, and then send everything in to Harry:

harrypri@att.net

Thank you. We look forward to your work.

So you need:

Builder's name

Build's name

Kit/s used

Good photos

Anything else? A little blurb about the finished model?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm continuing the mayhem by rebuilding one of my old Porsche models. The Gunze-Sangyo 959 rally car. I built this probably 1992 and haven't much cared for the paintjob. It came out good, I just don't like it anymore. Red seats in a green car? I blame the paint fumes.

models049.jpg

I plan on doing a different two-tone paintjob, this will be somewhere between Death Race and Road Warrior style. Car Wars, I guess. I'm adding a mounted sci-fi looking gun to the hood, a machine gun nest in the rear window using the .30 cal from the '89 Batmobile and some other things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've finished two projects,but i have not yet been able to take photos, which i want to take outside. One is that police car shown earlier ( Mercedes Benz) and other one is some unknown model for me. The other one is diecast and since the third rule said no diecast cars i think that i'm not going to put pictures of it here. Working wih metal gives some limitations but it's same good fun as with plastic. I took it apart and used brake fluid for metal parts to remove the paint and then just new paint and i tried this time hair spray and salt system with it.

That youtube clip is really nice. So is that car, i like that green/grey paint. Remains me of WW2 RAF camo.

• 3 weeks later...