Model Cars Magazine Forum

Since I finished up a few things lately I thought I would post this vw I started not too long ago.

It's revell of germany's t3 camper. I lifted the rear suspension, used the front suspension from a gmc syclone. I scratch built the roof rack, ladder, front push bar and skid plate. The wheels are from a amt scout. Hopefully I'll have this one finished soon because I got alot of stuff I want to work on.

42789a2b.jpg

6726a6f6.jpg

52be3fc2.jpg

9618c550.jpg

89a7bcfc.jpg

Thanks for looking.

When I first looked at the underneath, I was thinking, nah, that don't look right.

But after looking more closely at the primered picture, you know, what, it does work.

The only thing I would have tried would have been to put the transfer case right up next to the back of the VW auto trans, and then a double driveshaft to the front, with a carrier bearing housing.

That's just my two cents, hope I don't insult you or make say all those nasty things about me everyone else says.....

I like the idea, and it looks great so far.

Hi Jared,

as owner of a T3 Westfalia i look over your work. Sure.

The idea with the 4WD is a cool one. Yes, it was avalible to this Car, but very very rare ordered with the camper. Looking good so far!

@Toni T: it doesn't matter, witch color the van has on the box. It is all the same inside. I have the first kit of the early 80th and the newest. Complete the same stuff inside. Only the decalsheets and wheels were changed. If you have the blue one, you couldn't have stock rims - if i am right.