Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here are Chevy's "Mystery Concepts" @ the Detroit Auto Show

Unfortunately neither of them are called "Chevelle" or "Nova". But this is a good thing, because by looking at them I don't think that is what they are supposed to be (thank god LOL). I'm not sure if I like the red one (aka the "Code 130R"), it looks like a "Camaro that made love to a Mazda RX-7 that had already made love to a BMW 1 Series that was the illegitimate child of a Dodge Neon (1st Gen Coupe). It is RWD, seats 4, and is powered by a turbocharged engine. The wheels are matte gold, and notice the Corvette cross flag emblem on the fenders.....

chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit.jpg

More Pictures:

This is the other concept, the "Tru 140S". It is a FWD 2dr hatchback that also seats 4, is based off the Chevy Cruze platform, and is powered by a turbocharged 1.4 4 cyl that makes 150hp. Mileage is rated at 40 mpg as well, due to stop-start technology and direct injection. It features WiFi connectivity, smartphone integration, Chevy's MyLink system and a head-up display as well, although the interior on the concept is not finished. It is meant to be an afforable sports car and if produced, will cost around $20,000 (to compete with the Hyundai Veloster). Paint is a new (for GM) Matte White Frost. Audi R8 + last gen Mitsubishi Eclipse?

ChevroletTru140s2012NAIAS01.jpg

B.jpg

More Pictures:

I do sort of like the white one, but I'm on the fence as far as the red one. I'll take more pics this Saturday, looking forward to seeing them, and many others, in person :).

The white one has an interesting aggressive look about it although that look is even already becoming a little generic. The paint color is an interesting departure for GM and I think we'll begin to see more of this type of paint in the future. The red car is a very unattractive and uninteresting lump, no thank-you GM on that one.

I'll reserve making a descision about the styling (from just one or even a few photos) until I see them in person.

I find it interesting the negative reception new designs often get (often from people who are not the manufacturers target audience), yet a couple/few years down the road, many of the detractors absolutely rave about the same car when they buy a used one.

Just an observation...

Boring.

Ditto.

Personally, I don't think car makers (GM especially, and I love GM) give a flying hoot about making different designs. They're all the original boring concept designs. They're just spitting out these designs to put something out there.

I hate modern cars to death, just my opinion.

being as young as you are you have two directions you can go with those thoughts and opinions, either to school and become a designer yourself and do something about that lack of styling or you can do nothing but be bitter and close minded.

i can remember hating 90's cars, until i had some.

the other thing i think most people are missing here, is the concept of the "concept"

People say that I'm close minded, like you. Well, that truly is not true (lol). I've been in MANY different kinds of cars, worked on many kinds of cars, and driven many kinds of cars. I just like the simplicity and purpose of cars before 1972, sorry if I offended you <_<

Edited by SuperStockAndy

People say that I'm close minded, like you. Well, that truly is not true (lol). I've been in MANY different kinds of cars, worked on many kinds of cars, and driven many kinds of cars. I just like the simplicity and purpose of cars before 1972, sorry if I offended you <_<

I thought you were only 13?

Seeing that 16 is the earliest age one can get a license in the U.S.A., how is it you have driven "many kinds of cars"? And even if you briefly were behind the wheel of some cars, I really wonder if you have enough real world experience of true driving, (not just moving) to fully be able to offer an informed opinion.

I thought you were only 13?

Seeing that 16 is the earliest age one can get a license in the U.S.A., how is it you have driven "many kinds of cars"? And even if you briefly were behind the wheel of some cars, I really wonder if you have enough real world experience of true driving, (not just moving) to fully be able to offer an informed opinion.

I am "only" 13. I do get to drive the cars around the house though.

I am "only" 13. I do get to drive the cars around the house though.

Hence my observation that you haven't really driven cars enough to make informed opinions or recommendations.

You are young and I appreciate your enthusiasm, but real world and firsthand experience earned knowledge is desired over little snippets of info-bits tossed out in an effort to sound like you know more than you do. Some people may not realize you are young and not as experienced as you try to sound and take to task some of the things you post, sometimes that can cause them problems.

i'm curious too about the recessed windshield deal like on the white concept car. is that for improved aerodynamics and fuel mileage? how does that affect vision from inside the car with the raised pillar and fender tops at the back of the hood/base of the windshield?

That is unusual. Looking at the additional photos it appears visibility would be limited out the back and "blind spot" windows as well. I like the basic design, but I hate driving cars with impaired visibility. Concept car, though.

Really, these aren't too wild for concepts and are tamer than, say, Nissan's current line up.