Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Interceptor

Ive had a Aoshima Mad Max Interceptor for years & its sat in my stash.

Prob is, it kinda seems an inbetween kit, not the 1st movie car & in its box stock form, only appeared in the 2nd movie for a few minutes.

I'm sure I've seen resin parts, to convert it to the 1st movie car somewhere. Are they long gong, or does anybody still make them ?

Not sure who did the resin conversion, I have one and the address in the box is from Ardmore, TN, no name. I did get it off of Ebay years ago, and I have the street address if you want to try a long shot at mailing the person to see if they stilllive there, date on the stamp is June 2004, I too have had the Aoshima kit and these parts for a long time. The conversion kit has the front valance, a bucket seat, looks like a back seat, a couple of spoilers and the decklid. I think it was around $15, but not sure. I do have a garage resin cast body of the Monsters in motion resin kit that I would gladly trade, it is rough and I can send pictures if anyone wants.

Its a complete kit George, based on the Aussie Falcon. Its kinda based on the 2nd movie car, spare fuel tanks sticking out the back ect but its got the full front that was smashed off when Max rear ended the bad guys a few mins into the start of the film.

The conversion kit, converted into more like the 1st movie car ie rear window & deck, passenger & rear seat ect.

Its a real shame these resin parts are no longer available or somebody else cant produce them. The Aoshima kits are not cheap now & were produced in a few slightly different versions. One including Max's dog ect, currently on ebay for $99.

More great info here http://www.madmaxmov...kits/index.html

Edited by 57peppershaker

I am a big MM fan. I have 3 resin kits and both Aroshima injection plastic versions. The Aroshima version is the best by far but is a version, as stated that we only see for a few minutes. The Monsters in Motion resin is no. 2 of the kits I have. The MiM kit has a Max figure with it. It is a model of the car mid first movie. I also have a TNT resin kit. The master used is OK but the casting is poor. The best use for this one is to build it upside down and on fire! I also have a pre MM 1 version I built way back before any of the kits plastic or resin. It is a combination of a Jo/Han 72 Torino and a AMT 73 Mustang. I've also built a number of other MM vehicles. Here is Tina Turners Chariot from MMIII

MM3.jpg

Built much like the 1/1 version on a Ford P/U chassis with a turbine (jet) engine from a Revell MIG kit.

I Have the Cavalier kit from Australia and I find that one is a nicely done resin although i have not built it. The one I pictured above is a garage copy of the Monsters in Motion one I think, comes with a motor and the figure, but it is not for the faint of hart to build! I would gladly trade it off for a couple of kits or anything around $50 in value of kits if anyone wanted it.

Some of my Mad Max vehicles are 'inspired' by the film as many are Aussie cars not available in plastic kit form. The car that hit by the truck and tanker with the weird bat thing on the hood was built with a modified Cuda.....close but not exact. I'll try and get some pics on the net.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 57 try checking out mad max movies.com everything you need to know about

the black on black. A/Fxnscale resin was the company i think. i too have the comet minitures

and the monsters in motion kits also .still unbuilt. along with 3 Aoshima kits .

The main pieces can be duplicated in sheet plastic. i just havn't gotten that far yet

Michael

Steve,

I can highly recommend the Cavalier/ADR Distribution Mad Max models. The have both Mad Max 1 and Mad Max 2 Falcon. In my opinion these kits are the better than those from Planet X. They look more like a Falcon than the one froom Planet X.

The AFX conversion kit is a great kit to build the version from Mad Max 1. (see my PM)

Here y link to my MFP models http://public.fotki.com/carsntrucks4you/model_cars_related_stuff/mad_max_models/

Yes way too expensive now that i have a family LMAO

i have one of the resin conv. kits and loooking at it most pieces

can be made from sheet stock and putty, which i plan on trying out on one of the 3

i have stashed.

I have always wondered if there wasn't a first version kit produced , with the way

it is made it seems possible to me. would be a big seller. i bought all of mine

off evilbay. all came from hong kong.Then 6 months later Hobby Lobby had them for 49 ea.

i wa t to try to build or find an XA to XCstock front

Michael