Model Cars Magazine Forum

"65" chevy stepside pickup

hi all this is my latest kit just arrived today...

12012012519.jpg

i am thinking of trying to slam it as much as i can ... but if anyone knows how to do it on this kit please could you give me some advice...

the body is all sanded and i just put the filler on so will be sanding that tomorrow

12012012520.jpg

if anyone has built this kit and has had any problems with it please share your info and solutions ...

colour is going to be the dark blue i used on my "66 nova" and the pink i used on my mustang boss.

hope you enjoy the ride as i know i will

as always any comments welcome

thanks for looking in

stu

Edited by stulee11

hi all just a small update... i got the colour on today and i think she is looking quite nice.

hood

13012012538.jpg

bed

13012012537.jpg

cab

13012012536.jpg

sorry for the poor pics but i was holding the wood up with one hand and taking the pic with the other lol...

let me know what ya think so far ??

thanks for looking in

stu

Interesting build, haven't seen much of these built. I have one kit, but I'm not far with it. It'll be Custom too, and I have started engine building, there were no problems with that, if I remember correctly. That needs to be slammed down too.

Interesting color choice, but that combo might look very cool on finished build. Paintjob looks like shiny. Can't wait to see more. ;)

Interesting choice to slide the top back, eliminating the 'sun-visor'. I might have added to the forward area of the raised rear portion of the top to contour with the side 'relief' areas just behind the doors (See example below). What you've done looks great though, looking forward to seeing the finished product ;) .

13012012536.jpg

Interesting choice to slide the top back, eliminating the 'sun-visor'. I might have added to the forward area of the raised rear portion of the top to contour with the side 'relief' areas just behind the doors (See example below). What you've done looks great though, looking forward to seeing the finished product ;) .

13012012536.jpg

thanks mate

to be honest i was just following the instructions and what it looked like on the box

I only noticed because, as a former auto glass installer, I remember what a 'bugger' that little bit of roof hanging over the windshield was to work around, especially if the windshield had chrome trim included!!

lol its cool but i was looking on the box and its the same way lol... yeah i bet its a right pain in the butt... when i use to spray cars with it on it was a right gitt to get a good paint job under it .