Model Cars Magazine Forum

was at michaels store today

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Happy Hobby is still in business? Geez, that place looked like it was on it's way out 20 years ago when I last was in one, are they still on the west side of Milwaukee?

They always jacked up the price of an OOP model the day before it was announced as being OOP!

Yup, yup and yup, except at least when I was at the location on 70th something and Burleigh a few years ago it was more like a hoarder's basement than and actual store. Plus the owner is rather less than pleasant. 

There's also a Happy Hobby (same family) location on the northwest side of Milwaukee (76th and Good Hope) that I'd refuse to enter as one may get some kind of infection. As you've guessed I'm not a fan. There's several other hobby stores in south eastern Wisconsin that are worth the effort to patronize.

Edited by Phirewriter

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Happy Hobby is still in business? Geez, that place looked like it was on it's way out 20 years ago when I last was in one, are they still on the west side of Milwaukee?

They always jacked up the price of an OOP model the day before it was announced as being OOP!

True, but if you are a savvy shopper, you can find something. Plus, there's no shipping cost involved and you get instant gratification, so worth paying a few dollars more up front sometimes.