Model Cars Magazine Forum

Breaking NEWS Model King/Revell-1/16 and YOU!

Decal Art

Thanks AZ Boy....he-he...That's a tall order but we'll see what Uncle Chili can do...Otay?...lol...

Any more suggestions...send 'yur Poloroids....Chili Dee

Don,t have the pics online only my computer,

Ramchargers

Cutom Body

Miss STP Paula Murphy

Soapy Sales

Pure Hell

Rod Shop Tommy Ivo

Kenny Goodell

Just an FYI Terry, Slixx already makes the large scale Pure Hell decals. I think Chuck B. makes the Tommy Ivo decals (don't quote me on that!).

Aaron

I was just going thru my pictures I have downloaded and looking for Darts, Demons and Dusters.

Remember someone had done an Ivo car but thought they had closed up shop,

Terry

Here's a pic of Paula Murphys Miss STP for you Terry. I hope this is the version you were thinking of.

The pic I have has small letters that just say Miss STP, I do not have a photobucket or like account (to lazy) so I cannot post what I have from my computer here.

One from the classic funny car board 2948059610033732935S600x600Q85.jpg

And if someone wanted to get crazy and due some scratch building the Hindsight Rear Engine Fuel Coupe was a Duster

From the NHRA Site

dg1.jpg

Just Kidding

Terry

Maybe this is the Miss STP you were thinking of? This would be a good one. I haven't been posting ones like Brad Anderson's car only because the body was a 3rd Gen Duster/Demon/Dart body. A lot swoopier than the 2nd Gen body that Revell patterned their model after.

f0b7b103.jpg

Edited by AZ Boy

Chuck Boerner does the Ramchargers Duster (not the Demon, there were two) and The Ivo and Shady Glenn Dart Sport decal(s) that fit Greg Fox's exceptional Dart Sport...He also makes a '75 Revellution 'red' decal that fits Greg's corrected Duster body as Well as the Soapy Sales Dart...I can and probably will do a Brad Anderson decal and the '75 'red'Custom Body but they will be to fit Greg's body which is a pretty close match with a few mods. I've thought about doing Pete's 'lil Demon decal before and didn't have an Alps at the time...But that's gonna change shortly. I've also started Paula's Miss STP car but it's the red/white psycho paint scheme version. I'd do a Hindsight, but I don't know how many guys would stick their neck out there to build it...The Fred Goeske,McCulloch and the Super Duster burgandy car would be nice choices...dunno at this point...To my knowledge Slixx makes most of the others that tbush mentioned...I'm trying not to double up on what Slixx or Chuck is doing...Chuck and I are close friends..I have agreed to never do anything decalwise that would be in conflict with what he does.

Art

Slixx does this one in 1/25 already Chris...Gene's got the word from Dave and I that we're gonna need this stuff in 1/16... Call him with your request...I'm sure he'll take it into consideration Chris,..others...show some interest in the aftermarket guys and speak your voice...that's how things get done..I'm sure persistence cannot hurt

Art

Yes that is big indeed...and I'm sure it will affect all forms of drag race modeling...but I don't expect a huge trickle down deal in 1/16..1/16 was never a biggy for Slixx anyways...there's enough of us making decals out here to support the 1/16 hobby...Might even open more opportunities for the other vendors out here.

Art

• 4 weeks later...

just revisiting this thread, it's been quite some time since I've been here, but I think there's now a large enough crowd into the 1/16th cars I can ask this....

Is there a list of all the 1/16th models Revell/Aurora have offered?

I have a huge list myself, and just wondering if there's almost unheard of models (of which I haven't heard of :) )

most noteable to me is the very rare Dennis Priddle's Mr Revell FED in 1/16th scale....Revell's Da Good Guys probably comes in after that one, but anyone every seen one and said "you're kidding me....I never knew"....?

Thank you for your time gentleman of ModelCars Mag!

......Concerning a reissued Model King Mongoo$e Duster F/C model kit...

Gents of the 1`/16 modeling interest..There is possibly some confusion in our midst..This message is of repeated notice and has been stressed before....

The kit is in negotiations and is in heavy planning ONLY...NOTHING is set in stone...Yes... we feel there is a very good chance for a kit release in around a year...but there is a difference in a proposed release and a done deal....No finality had been stricken in any shape or form,

Trust me my brothers Dave and I are working on your behalf... I'll let all the guys know the progress as I hear it come down the pipe....Anything else that does not come directly from me or Dave Burket are rumors and rumors only!......If you hear anything to the contrary please let me know the source and I will attempt to correct the falsehood...This is only an attempt to maintain unity in the quest to bring correct info to our 1/16 brotherhood and ensure smooth negotiations between all negotiating parties......Thank you.

We are waiting on something from Revell and have been for a while now...hang tight on info...It'll be on this group page as I have it...and that's officially where it stands as of this minute.

Thank You sincerely my dear friends Art "ChiliDog" Loveland

Edited by Decal Art