Model Cars Magazine Forum

Breaking NEWS Model King/Revell-1/16 and YOU!

Decal Art

I just wanted to back up what Art said here in the post above..I repeat NO Contracts have been signed by anyone, No release date has been mentioned.. I work for Tom McEwen and Tom would like to see his Duster done.

But at this point we don't know even if the tooling is good and the Model King has to get a deal and time frame from Revell. And then a time frame for doing this if the tooling is good and then if all that goes good then a schedule when Revell will fit in the run and packaging that does not interfere with their schedule.I did the Box art as a way to show what it could look like, no box art or anything has been approved.Everything is just at Negotiations at this point.

Thanks Jim...If anyone knows the inside workings of getting a kit from factory prep to disbribution you do buddy....I am greatly indebted to you and Tom McEwen both...you've been so important in this venture, it's been great having you to consult with on the phone and ya know what, good folks with good intent and a drive to make things happen is what it's going to take from all the guys to make this thing work. In you, I have not only found a business savvy gent along side me, but a friend.

Jim and Art.... I want to Thank both of you once again for everything you guys have done so far to get one of Tom McEwen's cars into production again. I am very thankful for both of you going to bat for us 1/16th Scale builders. I can tell you this that I will be a 1/16th scale builder for life. So thank you for all that you do. Jim, I do have a question for you since you work for Tom McEwen, I had not idea you did and I just learned that from your latest post. I was curious if there was any way to get some really great pictures of Tom's Navy duster and the Blue Mattel Hot Wheels with Flames or if you knew of a good source to find detailed pics. The reason I am asking is that I am currently doing a very detailed 1/16th Army Vega build, you may or may not of seen the thread on it here and I think it would be awesome to do a Very detailed build of Tom's car as well. I thought it was worth a shot to ask. Thank you again for all of the updates and keeping us all informed on with the possibility of bringing back a 1/16th drag kit for us.

:) Hello Ladies and gentlemen of the 1/16 Drag Race modeling persuasion...This is the draft in request, I have submitted to Revell on their Facebook wall...

I respectfully summon our membership here and abroad to flood Revell's facebook wall with similar message bodies to respectfully state strong requests for action

......attn... Revell..

I'm Art 'ChiliDog' Loveland....I am a front line representative for 1/16 drag racing modelers world wide. Greetings!

I have spearheaded a drive in the strong and competent interest of my distinguished modeling public, respectfully but sternly pleading with you fine folks at Revell, to re-release some of the 1/16 drag racing kits from the 70's that we desperately need to keep our modelers actively building in the scale we love.

We are becoming quite organized, in fact we have even added our own Facebook page to show our patronage.

It's called: Dedicated to Saving the 1/16 Drag Racing Model Car Hobby..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/193675460730528/

We are determined to prove to you that there is a strong and growing number of us that build primarily in 1/16 scale. We wholeheartedly concur that 1/16th scale is THE choice for the gracefully aging and dedicated adult hobbyist, specifically in the drag racing model car hobby and the craft in general here in the USA and abroad. There are many modelers who simply cannot model any longer in the smaller scale due to middle age onset vision deficiency and reduced motor control in the hands directly associated with aging. It is a fact the the model crafting public is getting older! We've grown up! If Revell is going to flourish and survive in an increasingly stagnate economy and in an uncertain economic future,... it needs not only to focus on the needs of the aging hobbyist, but recognize that drag racing modelers as a group will be dedicated in making sure that we also have a future! To that end be assured that although we are a niche derived group of modelers (who are dramatically increasing in numbers), we will be a group that will always be dedicated to buying our needed kits. We are banding together daily and we are going public in magazines, forums, racing organizations, that we will not go unnoticed in the eyes of model kit manufacturers..We're not going away in our persistance to request the kits we need, even though most of us feel our requests and negotiations with Revell have been ignored....You have what we need...Classic drag race modelers everywhere are counting on you to respond...

In Revell's own corporate profile it states that it strives to meet the needs of it's modeling public....Let's see Revell adhere to that constitution, and it's stated concern to meet the needs of it's consumers...We're here...we're ready to buy...we have our arms open to negotiation and well, we respectfully summon your attention to our 1/16 needs now and in what we consider to be a positive future for our craft.

Gracefully in business and community concerned interest,

Art "ChiliDog" Loveland and 1/16 Drag Race Modeling Public

Thanks for the compliments Art I really appreciate it. I would have never started drawing if it wasn't for running across your website "Funnysmoke" eight years ago like you said. I was very impressed with your resin bodies (especially the 71-73 Mustang) and was lucky enough to live close enough to you to pick up the bodies I bought from you. And while I was there you were nice to show me you artwork which got me very interested in wanting to draw decals. I owe everything to Art. Art is a really great Christain guy who has a GREAT passion for 1/16th scale drag racing models. WE ALL to get get behind him and make this happen for us who want 1/16th models and for him who has a GREAT DESIRE to have 1/16th scale kits available for the modeling public. WE NEED TO GET OFF OUR BUTTS AND MAKE A PHONE CALL TO REVELL AND LET THEM KNOW WE WANT THE 1/16 SCALE DRAG RACING MODELS. WE CAN'T ASSUME THIS IS GOING TO GET DONE BY ASSUMING THE NEXT GUY WILL DO IT. LETS MAKE SOME PHONE CALLS GUYS AND LET THEM KNOW WE WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. Thanks again Art for being a good friend and all of your HARD work in trying to get this done for us.

Take care

Chuck (stang1forever)

Art... I am not sure if you got my message today or not on your voice mail. gave you a call. we will catch up one of these days.

Hey Chuck (Stang1foever) I got your email addy from Mike Garland and I want to get in touch with you and see what all decals that you have. I have seen a few and want to purchase some. I wanted to find out if you had any decals for any of the '74 vega cars. I am looking for some nice head lights to use for my Army Vega build and have heard that your decals are best out there. Thanks

Not positive, but I think Chuck has the entire 1/16 decal re-done Chris ...not just the headlights..the color would most likely be closer to the real car too....That original decal in my experience was one of the worst 1/16 decals Revell did...It was way too orange-red and they didn't even get the registration right when they re-popped it in the double kit. Try what you like Chris, but as much time as you are spending on this replica, if it were mine I would find a some good front and rear shot's of a 74-6 Vega like the Tweetie's Rat isolate the headlamps/tailamps with a decent photo manipulation software and print the things on white decal paper on an inkjet....you'd stand a far better chance of getting a more accurate decals of those images than with a kit derrived decal. You shouldn't need a setting solution as the recess in the front bezels are flat in the kit.....Hope this stuff helps.. Art

Art... I am glad to hear that you did get my voice mail. I wanted to make sure because I wasn't sure if I pressed the right button to deliver the voice mail... :lol: . Thanks for the information on the decals. That would be great if chuck redid them. But I will let you know that ever since I have started this kit its been my intention that I would be painting the red and planning a way to paint the pin strip black around it as well. I wasn't too fond of how the decal was split up around the fender area and plus the fact that you mentioned that the color for the red is off. I wish I had an Alps printer to print off a set of headlights & tail lights myself. I know that Slixx was supposed to be having a 1/16th headlights & grilles decal but when I last talked to them they had no clue when they were going to have them done so with that I figured I need to get in touch with Chuck and see what he possibly had. Look forward to chatting with you.

OK Guys! Good news...Ed Sexton at Revell just got back with me...and he applauds and respects our persistence...and so do I! Everyone here should be happy to know that Ed's desk is now flooded with requests to re-pop these kits...remember though...Model King is also working in another angle for the same purpose so our intense response and Model Kings negotiations is getting us somewhere! Please understand that NOTHING I repeat NOTHING is set in stone at this juncture. However our overwhelming flood of traffic that has gone directly to Ed's attention has sprung him into action concerning pushing this stuff forward...Ed's response to me is that a run with model King would potentially be 8 months to 1 year out...it's my gut feeling it is very likely...But what I wanted to happen has happened and is happening! And what has happened is we have woke Revell up! They're wide awake now and you know what?.....We did it together!

Special notice at this time!!!...I think it would be a wise decision at this time to lighten up the calls, E-mails and letters to Revell..They've got the picture/point now for a while, so trust Dave, Jim and I to negotiate for a few months with Revell... Trust me I WILL NOT give up as long as I'm alive to get Revell to do this...I will continue to mediate to the best of my ability....I will keep you updated on what we have as we go along here folks.

Can anyone tell I'm pumped...and YOU should be too... Art "ChiliDog" Loveland

Chime in! I want to know whatcha' think!

Art.... that is great news brother. thanks again for all of your hard work and efforts for this. It was also great to talk on the phone with yoy. thanks for the encouragement.

Chuck... thanks man. we will be in touch for sure. I will shoot you my info as well.

It's been al lot of fun working with these guys! I'm trying to kind of summize what is the best thing for us to do now that we know Revell is starting to move in making this happen. I guess what we really need to emphasize at this time is we really need to rally the guys to buy this stuff in the event we do get a release...Model King is in our corner! Dave has got a great deal of confidense in us that we are going to respond BIG whenand if this comes together. I don't think we really realize how huge it is to have him as a broker for these kits...It's not just about the money with Dave I assure you. He wants us to be a long term buyer of his releases and I've given him a great deal of hope our resin body aftermarket will help move the F/C's especially and detail parts for the top fuel dragster models if there is a second release in a couple years following a big response to the first kit the Mongoo$e F/C. So much of this depends on how well this first release doesif it flys well...I really believe Dave will bring out more kits..but like I said we have to respond and buy like we mean it....One takes care of the othe and vise versa....Have a good week gent...

ChiliDogster...WEEEE...Chili DEEEE

Dave and I have kinda put a bug in Gene's ear at Slixx to re-introduce some decals to fit the Duster 1/16 body should this kit be re-released. I'm probably going to render up and print a couple on the Alps as well...So we should have a few aftermarket decals available in short order thereafter....Does anyone here have any suggestions other than the Slixx Duster decals,.. that you'd like to see?...Chime in and let me know...I'll try and get approval and print some up...

Art