Model Cars Magazine Forum

For flat glass I have used CD cases. You have to be careful cutting it because it cracks easy but it does work. For curved glass I have used a clear plastic sheet you can buy at hobby stores, it is about the same thickness as a CD case. You can make a mold with clay and then lay the plastic over it and heat it up with a hair dryer and it forms to the shape. Sorry but I am not sure the name of this type of plastic, it has been years since I bought it.

Thank you so much everyone for the ideas. Unfortunatly most of the glass that I need is curved so the CD case idea may not work, but I will definatly keep that in mind for the future. So by the sounds of it I will probobly end up using the acetate, it seems to be the popular product. Now, any ideas on how much that stuff runs? And/or if you get purchase it online? I'm not in a rush for any of it so if I can get it the cheapest off an online site and have to wait for shipping, its no big deal.

Jim, you mentioned a product called "Novus #1"? I have not heard of this at all? Please tell me more about this?

Thanks

James

Novus #1 is a fine polish. Check it out http://www.novuspolish.com/

I use the #2 for rubbing out my paint after wet sanding and #1 for polishing glass before it glued into the body. Very nice products. I believe Rick over at ScaleDreams sells both.

Hmm I will have to give it a try, at this point I really have nothing to lose.