Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whoa! creepy...

The other day i was thinking of which my favourite cars were, and i put a few photos up next to each other and: GHEEZ the all look alike, well they all have similar characteristics anyway, this is probably just cos' my brain has settled for one perticular shape but still...creepy...

-59 Bonneville...

59bonneville-1.jpg

-59 Olds NinetyEight...

59Olds151-rear.jpg

-58 Continental...

rear.jpg

Gheez....

The other day i was thinking of which my favourite cars were, and i lened a few photos up next to each other, and: GHEEZ the all look alike, well they all have similar characteristics anyway, this is probably just cos' my brain has settled for one perticular shape but still...creepy...

-59 Bonneville...

59bonneville-1.jpg

-59 Olds NinetyEight...

59Olds151-rear.jpg

-58 Continental...

rear.jpg

Gheez....

Definitely some taste in those cool old rides. 8)

I beleive the Pontiac and Olds share a platform and some parts, which would explain why they look similar, if I am correct.

Exactly right. GMs full-sized cars from that era were pretty much the same car under the skin, and shared many parts like windshields, doors, etc. What made one car a Pontiac and the other an Olds was mostly how the tinsel was arranged... :wink:

thats proof that the auto manufactures, can never come up with an design of there own, and they never could,

Oh I'll take a little of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...sns&notag=1

Mopar has always marched to the beat of their own drum! These are but a few examples, from yesterday AND today that prove at least ONE manufacturer is willing to take chances and not build a car that looks like EVERYTHING else on the road!

From the original Charger in 66 and 67, The awesome 69 Charger Daytona and 70 Plymouth Superbird. NOBODY but Mopar could have built and sold a car that outlandish!

The classic second generation Charger right through to the current generation Ram trucks, not the least of which is a truck powered by a Viper Driveline and is capable of a GOVERNED 155 MPH!

• 2 weeks later...