Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Do You Wear To Build Your Models In?

I build naked.

Does it really matter what someone builds dressed in? Really, do we need to know? Does it enrich any of our lives? Good underhanded post-count builder by the way; get all the 'Ohhh, this is cool' people to reply and then just keep replying to them. Oh well, you have succeeded in creating more worthless bandwidth-eating rubbish.

At least the tech-savvy thread, had it gone in a viable direction, could have been an actual contributing positively thread. Instead, it too built up into a billowing pile of steamy (for the most part) garbage. Now, the PROPER question could have been "How do you use the technological advances of the last 10-15 years to enhance/ elevate your build quality?"

First off, interesting outfit choice.

Seeing somebody in an oompa loompa suit does matter. It does enrich our lives as it gives us something to laugh about. This is a hobby in which I deem to be a fun hobby instead of all serious.

Is it really eating a bunch of bandwidth? Did you ask Greg how much bandwidth it really eats up? Do you not understand that bandwidth is based on traffic to the site, not how many threads are started?

if you only want technical threads, then perhaps the technical section of the forum would suit your fancy instead of the.. Well, you know.. The "general" section...

So let me ask you. How do you use the technological advances of the last 10-15 years to enhance/elevate Your build quality? Oh wait, I should post that in the "how do I" section of the forum. Disregard the question.

Funny you should ask, Mark. So here goes:

Correct me if I am wrong, but ALL information is stored somewhere, correct? Perhaps I was mistaken on the bandwidth frame of reference, but I am sure that memory is used to store threads (as everything is a bit of information requiring its' own area of storage). So, the more useless crud that needs to be stored, the more memory has to be used. The more memory used, the more we will need. The more we need, the more Gregg has to pay for (and update the server to accomadate). So, by posting useless, memory-eating garbage, it is costing Gregg money. How about YOU ask Gregg how he feels about that.

If you really have to search out a Fake Cubano-NewYorican accented 50+ year-old in an Oompa-Loompa suit for entertainment.............you REALLY do need help and should find counseling for that. But, since I come here for the modeling aspect of the hobby, I guess I have no real room for foolishness of this sort.

Oh, wait, that's right....there ISN'T a technical section of this sight. Silly me, guess I had better reserve my opinions until we actually get one then huh? Nope, General it is and will have to be.

And your last bit of underhanded wittiness.......yeah, got one for you too. Pay attention, as I might lose you here. Since the original thread (started by our good Dr no less) was posted here in General, it would only make sense to bring it up in General. Hope that didn't hurt too much, and I don't care if it did. Oops, guess I had better 'never mind' that as well. Now, for a real answer to your dumb-nut comment: the advent of digital photography and its' clarity rate over film has helped me to detect and correct flaws that I wouldn't have noticed without it. Imagine snapping a pic, loading it to the computer, and being able to see your work on a 21" monitor.......might just help you build better, don't you think. Seeing your flaws THAT BIG sure helped me to concentrate on a cleaner build.

But hey, you keep right on cheer-leading for Cranky and all the dumb stuff he posts. Be one of the mindless sheep instead of one who can see through the garbage. Heck, VOTE CRANKY FOR MODERATOR for all I care. YOU don't affect me or my life one bit. You don't sign my paycheck, make my food, or date me, so you really don't matter. Come to think of it, neither does all of this, except to take away from the overall professionalism and public image this site had/has. But drama is traffic, so drama MUST be good, right?

Edited by whale392

Correct me if I am wrong, but ALL information is stored somewhere, correct? Perhaps I was mistaken on the bandwidth frame of reference, but I am sure that memory is used to store threads (as everything is a bit of information requiring its' own area of storage). So, the more useless crud that needs to be stored, the more memory has to be used. The more memory used, the more we will need. The more we need, the more Gregg has to pay for (and update the server to accomadate). So, by posting useless, memory-eating garbage, it is costing Gregg money. How about YOU ask Gregg how he feels about that.

If you really have to search out a Fake Cubano-NewYorican accented 50+ year-old in an Oompa-Loompa suit for entertainment.............you REALLY do need help and should find counseling for that. But, since I come here for the modeling aspect of the hobby, I guess I have no real room for foolishness of this sort.

Oh, wait, that's right....there ISN'T a technical section of this sight. Silly me, guess I had better reserve my opinions until we actually get one then huh? Nope, General it is and will have to be.

And your last bit of underhanded wittiness.......yeah, got one for you too. Pay attention, as I might lose you here. Since the original thread (started by our good Dr no less) was posted here in General, it would only make sense to bring it up in General. Hope that didn't hurt too much, and I don't care if it did. Oops, guess I had better 'never mind' that as well. Now, for a real answer to your dumb-nut comment: the advent of digital photography and its' clarity rate over film has helped me to detect and correct flaws that I wouldn't have noticed without it. Imagine snapping a pic, loading it to the computer, and being able to see your work on a 21" monitor.......might just help you build better, don't you think. Seeing your flaws THAT BIG sure helped me to concentrate on a cleaner build.

But hey, you keep right on cheer-leading for Cranky and all the dumb stuff he posts. Be one of the mindless sheep instead of one who can see through the garbage. Heck, VOTE CRANKY FOR MODERATOR for all I care. YOU don't affect me or my life one bit. You don't sign my paycheck, make my food, or date me, so you really don't matter. Come to think of it, neither does all of this, except to take away from the overall professionalism and public image this site had/has. But drama is traffic, so drama MUST be good, right?

Why so serious?

Never heard it was Doc's b-day, have a good one! :D

You got it....Cranky does seem to be trying to get his post count to the maximum and dominate threads, in addition to creating nonsense threads like this one and the zombie grandma one. Just seems like a lot of self-promotion w/ no substance.

Correct you if you are wrong. I did, and you fixed it. Thank you.

In terms of seeking out cranky as a source of entertainment, I don't actively do so. If I happen to stumble across something funny or entertaining no matter where it's from, that's fine. Maybe I'm overreacting here but to me it seems you get your kicks by trying to be the "bad guy" by talking smack. You don't have the forum's best interest in mind, rather your own.

there is no technical section of the forum? When is the last time you actually looked? Here, let me help in a non sarcastic way. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

About you responding to a thread in the general section about said general topic, I never said you shouldn't ask technical stuff in the same forum. It was merely a suggestion or hint that most technical bits are in the technical portion of the forum as previously mentioned. But to complain about a general thread in the general forum is a tad childish, and of course also my opinion.

I'm glad that digital photography has come along. It does show flaws, and even major ones. So in that aspect I wholeheartedly agree. I will also agree it helps me become a better model builder. I never once claimed to be amazing at it. In fact I know I have a long ways to go before I'm happy with my builds. I, however, will not look up your builds just to try and find a way to throw some e-jabs your way, because I have respect for everybody with their work because they are doing something they like to do.

Btw which flaws on which model are you speaking of mine? Why not post in the actual thread so I can see what you're talking about so I can address them? In fact I would rather you posted there so not to bother everybody else over a build in this thread. I have been an advocate for critiques and welcome them, so long as they are presented in a semi decent way.

In the final part of your response, you are right. I don't affect your life. The only person that should affect your life is you and those around you personally. So I don't know why you're bitter, or if cranky rubbed you the wrong way, or if you don't get along with him because he did something to you, but your animosity or anger in general really isn't necessary.

you should GROW-UP......oh ....you are grown-up..."dumb stuff he posts"...Doc..have you Posted some of Robert Halls Models and did not tell me.....and as far as a nonsense thread......Doc...you don't have to..... just read....HIS...

The Lead

WOW! Guess I'm a day late but better late than Never I always say :D

Happy B-Day Doc.

For me, I use to wear my Levis but found they get ruined when ya spill your resin or paints and what nots.

Soo, Cheap Ole Sweat pants and reg shirt.

I Don't leave the house in sweat pants tho..

I aint no WalMarter.. ;):lol:

By the way, I come here for models, Help, Friends and Entertainment :D

Man, why is there a couple of " haters " on this thread?! Geez, lighten up, I think this thread was hilarious!!! Made me laugh!! I think Doc is one heck of a cool guy!! C'mon, Doc in a teletubby suit, hahahahahahahah!!! that's funny!! I'm sure someones gonna say something about this........who cares!! chill out and build sumthin!! ;):P:D

Wow, Bradley, you went out of your way to enter the conversation and show us that you must be a member of this forum's QUALITY CONTROL COMMITTEE, employed to keep the conversation always focused on model building and the seriousness of the hobby. I'm also glad to see you know a whole lot about me, who I am, my motivation for being here, why I post on a variety of subjects: both serious and funny.

I'm surprised I have to go over this again: I was told a while back by the powers that be that if I won in the MOST-POST competition (I guess members like you are not aware of the prize) that I would win a free trip to Hawaii, a thousand kits, all the glue I could sniff, etc . . .

My professional advice to you, seeing as to how you have a problem with the stuff I post, the person I am, is a simple one: hit the IGNORE button for Doctor Cranky and I promise you he will never bother you again, or rile you up with his dumb posts, or his mindless (cast of thousands) sheep outfits!

Trust me, it's EXACTLY how I've exercised my freedom today with WHALE392.

Man, why is there a couple of " haters " on this thread?! Geez, lighten up, I think this thread was hilarious!!! Made me laugh!! I think Doc is one heck of a cool guy!! C'mon, Doc in a teletubby suit, hahahahahahahah!!! that's funny!! I'm sure someones gonna say something about this........who cares!! chill out and build sumthin!! ;):P:D

Laughing Verboten!

The next one who looks up from the serious and fulfilling task of glueing painted plastic bits together and dares to post something funny here, will be issued with a not quite as fluffy orange Onesie as Dr. Krankenstein's, and put into a kennel on Cuba, where he can think about how good life could be if he hadn't been funny.

LOL! Well, for those of you who asked for it, here's more:

This for all CRANKYHEADS out there, and please feel free to print it up and keep it near your work bench and always know that Doctor Cranky will be watching over your shoulder, Styrene Addict that he is! Cheers, DC

Oh here goes more bandwith, Gregg:

16-vi.jpg

And no, that's not a pillow around the Old Doctor's mid-section, it's 100% USDA choice SCRAPPLE! :lol: :lol: :lol: