Model Cars Magazine Forum

RMC Camper; First One on Forum?

James W

Just finished my camper trailer. I started with the new RMC kit, as seen in Model Cars #123, using the kit as a template. Evergreen corrugated sheet was used to construct it as if it were a home built unit.

P1010671-vi.jpg

The door panel was cut out and turned 90 degrees for visual appeal. A thin piece of aluminum forms a gutter over the door. Evergreen half round keeps the rain out of the joint between the top and sides.

P1010672-vi.jpg

The frame is .060 square Evergreen. The side rails and tongue braces are one continuous piece cut part way through and bent at the front of the box. The tongue itself is rectangular for strength. The teardrop window is from the Revell van detail parts kit. (Thought I’d never get rid of that stuff!)

P1010673-vi.jpg

Rear fenders from Revell 37 Panel are slightly different from the Pick-up kit. Either would work just fine. AMT 29 Ford wheels ride a brass square tube axle. Parts box trailer springs hold it to the frame.

P1010674-vi.jpg

Let me know what you think of this neat new kit! :)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Charlie, the 62 Fury is an old build so I don't have any other pics right now. I shaved some side trim and center tail lights. It's a curbside.

Jody, this was a quick build while I was convalescing this week. It has no interior. The kit is excellent and I will be building more. Interiors will have to come later.

• 3 weeks later...