Model Cars Magazine Forum

James Bond Kenworth W900L

The Peterbilt has been put on an indefinite hold while I figure out what to do about the cab...but in the mean time. I've come across this on the vast reaches of the internet.... It's a 1989 W900L decked out in the paint scheme from the James Bond movie "License to Kill" . The movie trucks were based off of the Kenworth Mexico W900Bs (which were old A series cabs with a B series hood) with 36" sleepers with some modifications for the movie...like 1000 horsepower engines and crazy suspension mods so they could do wheelies. The consumer version didn't have that but I think they're pretty darn cool.

I have a cab and found a 60" VIT sleeper, but don't have a B hood (since all revell makes are A series hoods). Anyone know where I can get a B series hood?

post-8093-0-02785900-1328903455_thumb.jp

Klos Brothers in Australia imported #9 and rebuilt it, they done an amazing job and the truck is sweet, here is some info for you on there re build http://www.kloscustomtrucks.com/ check out under projects

http://www.tenfourma...ure/2008/3.html

http://www.flickr.co...N05/4363340141/

http://s185.photobuc...tion/?start=all

Look forward to seeing this come together

Edited by Tony Bryan

Yep, try www.ppvintagekits.com, they have the W900L straight cowl hood with the square headlights (very similar to the 900B) and the W900B cab to go with it if need be. It's the long hood so it should be a nice fit on the Revell (not snap) kit.They have good quality parts. Is the paint scheme in the picture the one you're going to replicate? Man, that truck is going to look sweet... Keep us posted for the build!

Edited by Z06Bob

If you wanna build the one in the movie then you want a w900 with a 36" bunk , but if your wanting t build the 007 edition then youwanna build a W900L with the 60" aerodyne, that would be the strait cowl cab/hood. Eric at ppvintagekits.com does really nice casting and should have the cab , hood and battery boxes you need. Please keep us posted on this build , that is a very cool truck to model after for sure.

I think I'm going to do both actually. I have a 36" sleeper from AITM and an A model cab with frame I can use (from an RG kit), All I'd need are some two hole budds, and to compliment it I'll do the W900L with the B hood and cab. Since the truck uses a Kenworth air ride suspension I'm just going to use the frame and probably leave the 3408 in place on the 60" model for some added zing.

I think due to the complexity of the stripes I'm going to use decals. While I'm waiting on the hoods and cab I'll get to making them. Anyone have any tips for making the decals...I've used the Testors paper in the past but I'm not a huge fan of it for anything bigger than a 1"x1" decal.

I think I'm going to do both actually. I have a 36" sleeper from AITM and an A model cab with frame I can use (from an RG kit), All I'd need are some two hole budds, and to compliment it I'll do the W900L with the B hood and cab. Since the truck uses a Kenworth air ride suspension I'm just going to use the frame and probably leave the 3408 in place on the 60" model for some added zing.

I think due to the complexity of the stripes I'm going to use decals. While I'm waiting on the hoods and cab I'll get to making them. Anyone have any tips for making the decals...I've used the Testors paper in the past but I'm not a huge fan of it for anything bigger than a 1"x1" decal.

i would contact jerry (phoneguy) at modeltruckin.com for any decal needs or questions. if ya wanna build the 900 like in the movie then hinge the frame right behind the sleeper add 2 buzzin dozens back to back and put the steering wheel and drivers seat in the sleeper. then it could pull wheelies just like the real one lol. please dont forget to keep us posted on this one :):DB)