Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jerobee McLaren M8B

Scale-Master

Guest Dr. Odyssey

I think TS12 is straight solid orange, pretty darn sure it has no metallic. Looks like there is a little dirt on the white but I'm sure you already fixed it?

There is a little orange peel that makes it look kind of "sparkly" in that picture, but it settled down as it dried.

TS-12 is solid opaque non-metallic orange.

Yes, I did remove the tape adhesive from the white, no sense risking the fresh paint to clean it up until dry.

I painted the engine block Testors Black Chrome Trim.

The Tamiya lacquers are spray can only. The bottles are mostly acrylic in the USA, but I do have some Tamiya bottle enamels.

If I did not have the TS paints, I would use Testors enamels for this. Probably start with 1127 orange and adjust if needed.

The doors won't be done to open or come off. I hope to be able to "open and close" the rear cover, but if it ends up as a curbside, that's what it will be.

The engine is coming along and there are fit issues. Rather than fix them all, I am going to see how it goes on this one. I found it easier to install many of the vinyl lines to the sub-assemblies before mounting them to the engine. In some cases it looks like it would have been impossible to install the lines if I followed the directions verbatim.

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

The body has the decals on it and has been cleared.

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Looking great! I can't wait to "attempt" this one. I have some in my stash ready for me to give them a try.

I can certainly identify with your painting the louvers to match the decals. I built the Miller IMSA Mustang many moons ago and had to mix the perfect color orange so the hood louvers matched the decals.

I am anxious to see more progress on this one and am definitely taking notes...