Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Feast of Snakes

Dr. Cranky

Right now the body is in primer, so I went ahead and mocked it up for the 50th time. After a while paranoia sets in that thing are not going to fit right, so this is the only way to make sure, keep mocking it up for good measure.

010-vi.jpg

9-vi.jpg

This is my favorite angle right now . . .

011-vi.jpg

012-vi.jpg

Tomorrow the paint should go on and then it's a matter of waiting for it to dry . . .

Well, the paint is stalled because of the rain, it just won't stop. And I don't want to take any chances with this one. It's in primer waiting . . .

Well , now you can start foiling the '62 ! That'll keep you busy for awhile . Lol !

Picked up a bunch of kits in Richmond for a very good price , one of them being a Cobra ! I also managed to find the rust subject for the community build .

Drove into Richmond on Friday , 86 degrees. Drove home Saturday evening through a blizzard , 24 degrees ! Lmao !

LOL, Donn, the weather sounds just as crazy up there. The other day it was like 79 degrees, humid and muggy, and now it's 52, rainy with thunderstorms. Go figure. Yes, I've got lots of goodies to keep my attention focused away from having to paint on a rainy day.

Lucky you, Jim, it's still raining, but I've gone ahead and switched over to House of Kolor because I could get a fast turn around on this paint job.

I used fast temp reducer and it works . . . stay tuned in for some progress . . .

send me a couple in a zip file....I can add the pop1

Dirk, in this case I used HOK INTERCOAT CLEAR, then two passes of Clear FX, and then 3 more coats of DuPont Acrylic Spot clear.

This thing is so shiny I'm afraid to touch it, even after it's dried.

Lately, I've been loving shooting enamel clear with a bit of that PEARL EX, but it's been really humid outiside, well, it's been raining so I had to go with HOK for this one.

Oh, one more thing, I like to use HOK intercoat clear on paint jobs where I will be taping graphics, like these stripes . . . this way I seal in gaps, nooks and crannies on the tape. An old trick, but it works really well.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Todd, there's plenty of bling in that paint job. I will take some stills of it tomorrow and hopefully it will show.

It's got Trublue PEARL EX, Macro white pearl, and the rainbow mini flakes . . . the basecoat is orion silver and the other color is Majik Oriental Blue Pearl, and True Blue Pearl.

All right, maties, I posted the finished model over in UNDER GLASS. I'm really having a blast with these snakes!

Go over there and check them out, but I will give you a teaser shot here:

023-vi.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words and support. It's always a pleasure to build with you guys looking on. Cheers, DC

BEAUTIFUL DR.!!!