Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner build

Looking good! If you did a blackwash on the grill and the front logo that would look real nice with it too.

Thanks, I may borrow that idea? It sure would look cool!..I did some more work on the breathers, chrome tops are from a 359. I still have to plumb everything once the engine is in. I also added a Diamond plate chassis platform. It had some old slight discoloration, so I left it that way, kind of looks like someone was walking on it.

post-8136-0-45312600-1331425628_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-83865300-1331425644_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-64926900-1331425659_thumb.jp

Yep, I knew it, it looks mean now. Now let's see it with a dual exhaust!

Thanks so much guys! yeah, i should get the exhaust mocked up today. I have to cut some alluminum tube and get the height i'm looking for. I'm not going to tall with the stacks cause the truck is a chemical hauler, here in Jersey, we always had them cut down a little to clear low over passes in the cities. When I ran a gasoline tanker we were always going under 13' overpasses. So, I will probably keep the same thought pulling an acid trailer. I didn't go too high with the breathers also.

Straight pipes added, still a lot to do. I will plumb everything later. Going to take each of my 359 air filters and hang them under the cab on each side of the frame next. Kept the stacks short for pulling Chemicals. Trailer will be next when this is complete. Thinking on adding a product hose rack behind the stacks/air breathers? Also may add a small fitting box on the chassis to simulate holding 2" and 3" adapters for Chemical hoses.

post-8136-0-07058800-1331491845_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-32085600-1331491855_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-83652700-1331491869_thumb.jp

Hey this gets better and better Joe! I'll agree with Justin for the black wash on the grill and Freightliner logo, It's going to make it stand out and look better. But It's coming along really well. It's going to look good with a chemical trailer.

Hey this gets better and better Joe! I'll agree with Justin for the black wash on the grill and Freightliner logo, It's going to make it stand out and look better. But It's coming along really well. It's going to look good with a chemical trailer.

Thanks Bob, I like that older look for sure. I remember my dad running a double bunk K-100 with an acid trailer back in the 70's. I always thought that looked so cool. Then again I'm a cabover nut! I'm adding my airfilters under the cab today. Then on to the motor and plumbing. I appreciate the compliments. I'm just getting back into this stuff cause of my 3 yr old, I want to put this stuff on his shelf like my dad did for me. I have so much to learn, you guys do some awesome stuff on here.

There actually is one. Czech Truck Modell makes one, and you can usually get it from The Model Maker Shop. It's not currently listed, but I have seen it there before. http://www.modelmakershop.com/modelmakershop/index.php?cat=c126_Czech-Truck-Modell.html&XTCsid=aacs5ukq822sk7k9d7c4tn6ig0

Also, Harold Weber from Germany (hw962c@gmx.de) makes a set.

There actually is one. Czech Truck Modell makes one, and you can usually get it from The Model Maker Shop. It's not currently listed, but I have seen it there before. http://www.modelmake...sk7k9d7c4tn6ig0

Also, Harold Weber from Germany (hw962c@gmx.de) makes a set.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions...took a little break from the truck..OT, but i threw together a pro street Nova for my brother in-law..my sister is having a little Boy in June, so i wanted to be the first to give him a Hot Rod...please don't bash me for using the truck forum for this..haha!

post-8136-0-10621100-1331662106_thumb.jp