Model Cars Magazine Forum

GM factory paint colors?

Rob, yer in luck as Model Car World probably has what you need . I met the owner in Conover once as he was at the Carolina Kustom Classic near Winston Salem . great guy to deal with I might add. Check out his resin stuff . He's the one who makes all the sedan bodies and even a Pontiac Tempest station wagon kit . If you just need a reference , try Auto Color .com too. Ed Shaver

i asked revell if its possible to use a factory close color on a box stock class.that would get one build done for two things for me!....hadnt heard nothing back yet though

What difference does it make what color you paint it? Box Stock is about building it strictly from the parts that come in the box, it has nothing to do with what color you paint the model.

I've been using http://www.scalefinishes.com/ lately for factory colors. Great service, and shipping is free. And all this talk about Le Mans and Le Mo and Lemons reminded me of the 24 hours of Lemons..... http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

I agree with Scalefishes. plus you only have to buy one 2 oz bottle instead of 2 one oz bottles. To me the guy from modelcar world seemed like a jerk. I emailed him about a certien color, I got a real rude answer back.

Tim

It might not be the EXACT same color as Lemans Blue, but Medium Quasar CC Blue is a pretty close match. Rust-Oleum makes an Automotive Touch-Up paint that I used on my '05 Corvette. It's ATU 6027, and GM code 80, WA9544. Below are some pictures of my car. The lighting plays a big part in the coloration.

number6f.jpg

number2l.jpg