Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro Pro Street

Lunajammer

Yes, an oldie but an oldie. I dug it out of the archives. Back then, this was my test of some new technics in engine wiring and use of future floor wax. Both with marginal success. Today it was a test of photo lighting. Regardless of build quality, I always thought this was a photogenic car.

CamaroRtFront.jpg

CamaroRtFrontNoHood.jpg

CamaroOverhead.jpg

CamaroLeftRear.jpg

CamaroEngine.jpg

Thanks for the kudos guys. This kit's been around for quite awhile so I'm sure everyone's seen it in some incarnation or another.

The engine detailing obviously isn't out of the box Brian but everything else is pure Monogram. I did this probably 18 years ago and if I recall correctly I just gloss coated the bare plastic with Future. Pretty good kit, crisp fit, quick build and I know there's been some interest in seeing this one re-released again.

Cool ride Luna. I`ve got the Frank Iaconio version of that car sitting in a box in peices waiting to be resurrected.........one day. I`ve had it since the mid 80`s so its a little worse for wear.Everything is there, it just needs some love. The restore on it is getting closer though. I recently bought a new decal set for it. Your right,its a very cool model.

Very cool, I have several of the LAPD issue, great kit, and yours looks VERY nice! For being an 18 yo build, it survived quite well!

Thanks Sam. Personally I would have preferred the LAPD issue because I'm not stoked about the gold chrome, even thought it goes with very nicely with the black body and graphic. I made the mistake of packing it with styrofoam peanuts and now I know how they react with vinyl tires.

• 2 weeks later...