Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro SS-396:Update:3/11/12

catpack68

i just started on this one.i'm using the revell 69 camaro yenko kit.the hood is from the old mpc 69 camaro kit modifed to fit the revell body.the color is testors fathom green lacquer.i have yet to clear the body.the wheels and tires are from the revell 69 nova copo kit.i will be using the dog dish hubcaps from that kit too.the tire decals are from the parts box.the grill was opened up from behind using a dremel tool.more to come soon and thanks for looking.

P1010256.jpg

P1010255.jpg

Edited by racer X

i did a little work this weekend on the camaro.while waiting on the weather to warm up a bit to do some more painting and clear the body,i finished up the interior.the gauge decals came from the revell 69 camaro convertible kit,the carpet is embossing powder and GM seabelt buckles are from model car garage.i also did a quick mock up with the wheels on.here are a couple of pics.

P1010260.jpg

P1010265.jpg

i also started building the engine.i decided to build the car as a 396/375 HP version with the RPO L89 aluminum head option.the engine still needs to be detailed.i also need to paint the tailight panel black.here are two pics.more updates soon.

P1010266.jpg

P1010264.jpg

Edited by racer X

• 3 months later...

I was trying to find which models had dog dishes and steel rims for my lil' COPO 69' Camaro project. Then I bump into this model master.

It is great to see that great minds think alike!!

You are a visionary! That is one heck of an awesome setup you have there. I only hope my build goes half as well as your's. Really, really dig the color. Kudos!...