Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Buick Riviera

Dominik

Hi,

today i will show you my '65 Buick Riviera. It is based on the amt-kit. I only changed the wheels, took some from Pegasus Wheels and made a smooth custom.

The rest of the Buick is out of the box. No wiring, nothing "special" under the hood. I took this one to test alclad, a little bit of airbrushwork and "how to repair mismatched paintjob".

Here we go:

CIMG120224_003.jpg

CIMG120224_004.jpg

CIMG120224_005.jpg

CIMG120224_007.jpg

CIMG120224_010.jpg

CIMG120224_008.jpg

Thanks for kind words buddies :) - i like the different colours too. Makes the bodyline more sexy, than painted in one color.

Harry, you have a sharp eye :P

I saw the front brake calipers after makking the photos in this different positions, while i checked the pictures in the posting. I fixed it after the photosession before he parkes in his garage ;)

Cory, there are no "silly" questions. Its alright ;) . I did not cut the line in one tape on the body. i took an upper one to fix it on the bodyline and taped an other lower one to get this fine redline.

If you think, i am a profi on this kind of paintjob, you will laugh. Its my first try to do this work. I regular take my airbrush for weathering, not for detailing, i'm always trying more and more.

Thank you Monty,

I use paint out of the spray can (?), these are colors from "K"-Paints (the silver) and the blue is mixed up from a partsshop for real cars. The producer is ...i think its named "multona", also a label from the "Kwasny Product Family". If you want a photo from the can, i will make one ;)

Thanks again for comments. Makes me a little bit proud of this "terrible" to built kit.

Edited by Dominik