Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post Pictures of Your Revell Kenworth W900s

Thanks Landon, that is what I figured you did, they look good. Bad part about my parts box is.......I don't have one. I hadn't done a plastic truck in years, to be honest, I hadn't done any thing in plastic in a long time. I guess I will get creative and widle some horns out of wood or plastic. Were there is a will there is a way.

Will tell you a easy cheap- free way to make straight pipes is drinking straws i know it sounds silly but it works they come in all diameters. burger king has the biggest diameter i found so far. you can use them straight, miter them i mitered them at 45 degrees took 2 small pieces 45 both ends then you got curved tips. Best part of this is you can can cut them with scissors, Then prime them and you can paint them chrome silver black etc, the easiest way i found to paint them is take some 3" drywall screws screw them threw a scrap piece of plywood place them on top to paint works great then they are plastic so model glue,super glue holds them in place. i been playen with aluminum and copper tubing i still like the straws the best it worx try it!! Also the sstraws with the flex bends work great for in take and exhaust plumbing. i used them on this 359

Edited by pete3522

here's mine: lowered at the frame, stretched, opened the doors, redid the interior bucket, used a RVG w900 hood, shaved the headlights, it's using J bracket style hot rod headlights now, italeri wheels and tires, lowered the steps, tanks and added lower cab panels to give it more of a lowered stance, added a drop visor, aluminum stacks, and texas bumper, aluminum turned breathers.

IMG00108-20110117-1234.jpg

IMG00108-20110117-1234.jpg

IMG00117-20110117-1243.jpg

IMG00110-20110117-1235.jpg

Chad

roy what did you use for your cap for the aerodyne? I got a flat top cap from a revell peterbilt wander if that will line up dimension wise? if i have to buy a resin cap i mine as well buy the 53.00 revell w-900 flat top so i was just curious if you dont mind me asken?? did you use the cat 3406 that comes with the kit or did you put a cummins in it i think that was the engine used in that truck? The only reason i am asken is cause i am going to build one my-self i am just tryen to get some reference

Edited by pete3522

Roy, very nice build, love the flat top, you did a great job on it. By chance were did you get the drop deck??? If it is scratch built what scale tires did you use or are they the same size as the truck tires? I am working on a W900 build at the moment and really want a drop deck for it.

Edited by Inky

roy what did you use for your cap for the aerodyne? I got a flat top cap from a revell peterbilt wander if that will line up dimension wise? if i have to buy a resin cap i mine as well buy the 53.00 revell w-900 flat top so i was just curious if you dont mind me asken?? did you use the cat 3406 that comes with the kit or did you put a cummins in it i think that was the engine used in that truck? The only reason i am asken is cause i am going to build one my-self i am just tryen to get some reference

The AERODYNE roof went into the parts box and a ROG KW W-900 roof was added with slight modification, I swapped the CAT 3406 out for a Cummins V-903 V-8...Just to be different, The real truck has a Cummins 444 in it.

Roy, very nice build, love the flat top, you did a great job on it. By chance were did you get the drop deck??? If it is scratch built what scale tires did you use or are they the same size as the truck tires? I am working on a W900 build at the moment and really want a drop deck for it.

Yeah it's scratchbuilt and the wheels are ROG trailer with AMT 10.00x 20's 1/25 scale...Thanks

Here's one I built last year. There is a lot of possibilities with this kit and you can't beat the $25 price.

008.jpg

007.jpg

Thought this one would go under the radar did ya? Well it didn't, I like what you did with the Seminole paint, purple and white, nice gold pinstriping, painted fuel tanks, very,very nice, really neat, clean build you have there, well detailed.