Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Dodge Charger R/T

GeeBee

wow! this is one beautiful build geoff, i like how you did the contrast color on the seats, that really made a big difference.

the paint is incredible, and if this was your first time wiring an engine, you did one helluva job!! what a great build, keep it going, i wanna see more....

cheers!

bryan m

if this was your first time wiring an engine, you did one helluva job!!

Thanks for the comments, Yes it was my first time wiring up an engine, I've wanted to try wiring an engine for ages, and each model I do, I like to try new things, so this was the test bed for the wired ignition ...

Your doing are great job mate, I wish I could get my BMF to like yours does

Wheel arches are a bit tricky to get the line nice and clean, but here's a little trick I do, run a line of masking tape around the edge of the wheelarch, and then you have a hard edge to cut to, and it also stops the blade going off line, put the tape on, put on the BMF, trim, following the line of the masking tape, and then remove the excess BMF and the masking tape, and you end up with a nice clean line ....

WheelarchmaskedreadyforBMF.jpg

If you use thinner masking tape, you can do it in one piece, instead of using numerous pieces of thicker tape

Got the BMF finished this morning, also fitted the interior tub onto the chassis, painted the roof lining and the C pillar trims, the interior dome light and the windows will be fitted when the order containing the clear epoxy resin arrives, hopefully in the next day or so ....

Reardriverssidewheelarchtrim.jpg

Frontdriverssidewheelarchtrim.jpg

Interiortubfittedtochassis2.jpg

Interiortubfittedtochassis3.jpg

Interiortubfittedtochassis1.jpg

RoofliningandCpillarspainted.jpg

My, oh my! lf you're trying to win a contest, you're on the the right track!

Nope, I'm not trying to win anything, in all the years I've been modelling, I've never put a model on show, or even entered a competition, I do it for the fun of trying to build a nice replica of the real thing ...

i keep coming back to this build, and it is beautiful Geoff, the one thing i am takin away from it is your drying times.......i usually do weathered/rusty/crusty

stuff.... but when i did shiney builds, i worked on them like you do....... paint a part, then just let it dry till tomorrow. that always makes for a very neat and

clean job! theres nothing worse than painting a part, and then being in a rush, next thing you know theres a ###### thumbprint in it! LOL i hate when that

happens!

keep up the beautiful work Geoff, this thing is going to be amazing!

cheers

Bryan

Nope, I'm not trying to win anything, in all the years I've been modelling,

That's great to hear, someone else thinks same way as I do. I usually take part to Model Car Shows, and sometimes I win something, but that's not the point. As you said, "I do it for the fun of trying to build a nice replica of the real thing" is because of I build models too.

Charger is coming along great, it looks very good. I can't wait to see more work.

Hopefully my order I put in the beginning of the week will arrive tommorow, I need some clear epoxy glue to fix in the windows, so I can't go any further without it, but I did notice something that I hadn't fixed into place, I'm not sure what it is, but it has to fit at the end of the centre console, again, it was stripped of it's chrome, and done using chrome Alclad ..

100_3932.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago, the clear epoxy resin I ordered arrived, so today the windows went in, also got the finish the front grille, the small chrome trim was done using chrome BMF, a very tricky job, but well worth it, the body got fixed onto the chassis, I usually do a dry fit, but once it was on, it wasn't coming off, and it was so tight, it didn't need any glue to fix it ...

Frontwindsheildfitted.jpg

lefthandbodyshotonchassis.jpg

Sideshotofbodyonchassis.jpg

Frontgrillefinished.jpg

Interiorthroughwindow.jpg

Thanks guy's, nearly there ... got the front end built up tonight, so just the front suspension to put on, wheels, front & rear panels, wheels, and then all the little chrome bits, plus the small detail parts under the bonnet (Oh sorry ... Hood !)

Spectacular build, Geoff!!

It's beautiful. And, it's not ... wait for it ... it's not ... :rolleyes: ... orange!

It would have been a lot easier to do it orange, as the Hemi orange is available over here in basecoat, but it seems I never take the easy option !

Nope, I'm not trying to win anything, in all the years I've been modelling, I've never put a model on show, or even entered a competition, I do it for the fun of trying to build a nice replica of the real thing ...

This is my mindset towards modeling as well!

You are doing a phenominal job on this Charger. I love the look of it. Very unique, very clean and very nicely detailed!