Model Cars Magazine Forum

honda civic

jdmfan

this is the first front wheel drag car ive built so im just kind of winging it as i go . its a 93 civic coupe. ive alraedy got a good start on it ive built the front half of the frame and the turbo and intercooler . i also made the manifold , air filter

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

Edited by jdmfan

Looking good. And yes, how did you make those intercoolers ?

the intercoolers are made from styrene , solder for the inlets and epoxy putty and a bit of bondo. the styrene i use is evergreen scale models its called metal siding .040 spacing . if you would like i can make quick tutorial

Why the wheelie bars?If it is front wheel drive, they should be pushing up on the back???No?Just wondering never seen this kinda drag car before.Nice work tho man.

even some front wheel drive cars will use a wheelie bar maybe not one exactly like this but its what i had to work with and i tried to make it look half decent Edited by jdmfan

The bars on the back of a front drive drag car are more like traction bars. When the car launches the weight transfers to the back, unloading the front wheels and killing traction. These bars help keep the weight transfer under control and maintain traction.

NICE BUILD! And yes, a small how-to on the intercooler's would be appreciated.