Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell , are you listening ?

Speaking of motorcycles (and if Revell is indeed listening), I hope they will do a few more of the choppers, and maybe a trike or two.

I doubt they will do choppers...since the "fad" has gone...just a few of us greybeards riding chops.... B):lol:

"Revell" and "listening" just doesn't go into one sentence.

Revell is part of the model kit industry and they only get creative when they tell you the reasons for not selling you something.

Edited by Junkman

"Revell" and "listening" just doesn't go into one sentence.

Revell is part of the model kit industry and they only get creative when they tell you the reasons for not selling you something.

Christian, we seem to be thinking along similar lines ! Ed Shaver

Awhile back a lot of people were posting highly complimentary comments about Revell regarding the '32 highboy coupe & the '49 Merc. (.i.e they really got it right.)

Now they're self absorbed corporate types that don't listen?

Didn't Tim Boyd indicate he had a contact within the co.?

Edited by styromaniac

Awhile back a lot of people were posting highly complimentary comments about Revell regarding the '32 highboy coupe & the '49 Merc. (.i.e they really got it right.)

Now they're self absorbed corporate types that don't listen?

I for one said from the very beginning they can keep their riff-raff pre-fab custom stuff.

Their only surprise attack the past ten or so years is the Routemaster, courtesy of the AG. But then they spoiled it all by releasing newly tooled subjects that have been in the Tamiya catalogue for decades. What an epic waste. If they'd just listen.

Speaking of motorcycles (and if Revell is indeed listening), I hope they will do a few more of the choppers, and maybe a trike or two.

I would love it if they would reissue the H/D Truck and Bike kit from a few years back. I had two and let them both go when it was current to a buddies wife for a B/D gift (one to build and one to collect dust in his collection) and then never was able to replace them...

And regarding the famed Parts Pack releases....I thought it was cool they re-released some of the engines ..but wasn't the planned re-release of some of the cycles cancelled due to the poor sales of the motors?

Exactly. It's also the reason that more than likely, the other parts packs will not get reissued.

To me , there is a big difference between a bunch of Miscellaneous parts and a motorcycle . I would sooner buy a Bike than a bunch of parts . As to any comment I have made regarding Revell , I have and will repeat what I said . I have lamented ON SEVERAL Occasions a STOCK Height Roof to ME would sell better than ANY Pre- chopped roof . That goes for Mercurys , Fords and Model A's that have NO Stock pieces any more !!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver

34view1926Ford.jpg

driver29Fordwrecker.jpg

7-Updelivered.jpg

Hey Revell, common , some STOCK pieces for us please ..................

a pic of the last one in this series:

002-33.jpg

Often manufactures of just about any product will successfully piggyback or slingshot off their competitors with a similar product. With the, dare I say successful, reissue of AMT's (Round2) Double Dragster kit ( both regular and in a tin, who woulda thought?) it just seems to me that Revell has cash in the bank with these three double kits.

Edited by Greg Myers

From what I understand, the Motorcycle parts packs were nixed because Revell implied they'd be reissued first, then they actually reissued the engines first, and nixed the motorcycles after the poor showing of the engines sales-wise.

Regarding the individual parts packs, many of them were recycled into the content of other kits. I don't recall which packs went into what kits, but I believe the suspension pieces in the Miss Deal Studebaker kit were originally sold in stand-alone parts packs.

Anywho... the AMT Double Dragster kit seemed to sell pretty well, and so did the Munster Coach/Dragula. I'd have to think that if the tooling for Revell's double kits still exists, and are still in somewhat usable condition, they'd be at least thinking of bringing them back out. '60's drag subjects continue to be popular modeling subjects, I can't imagine there not being a wating audience for these things. Cash in the bank? I'd certainly think so. I know I'd snap up more than a few of them just for the Bantam and Sanitary T.