Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Fireturd

Rusty Sierra

Here's my latest completed project " The Fireturd". It's a firebird 400 thumper kit with a bunch of parts bin items including the front wheels, seats, steering wheel etc... I really wanted to try and open up the doors so I looked up a few tutorials, I used dr.cranky's method, which turned out pretty well. The trunk doesn't fully open and the drivers side door wasn't even cut (I don't have any idea why I didn't open the drivers side). I used a dremel for the rust and then went over it with some paint. It was one of the first builds I was actually proud of as a kid but it had fallen apart so I just threw it into my parts bin and here it is.

hzal3.jpg

QGY4m.jpg

Q4Qn2.jpg

C8B9e.jpg

aup7y.jpg

nOv0S.jpg

I also built this little base out of stuff I found at the dollar store (costed me maybe 4 bucks). originally it was for the firebird but I find it's pretty good for any model that fits on it.

ZNJgi.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What all is the base made of?

Picture frame with the glass and stuff taken out, some dollar store foam board (the curb is made from the foam board as well), cheap acrylic paint, and some fake grass stuff I also found at the dollar store.

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question I've been on a model hiatus for awhile now.