Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Chevelle SS

phil-east

This was made from the Revell Donk kit, Something a little bit different for me, i had never done a street engine before so i kind of went half and half between stock and street on this one.

It was a really fun build but i had so many little issues and mistakes with it that i kind of accepted it with a few flaws. The main problem was losing one of the front headlight covers. I will eventually find it and fix it. But right now it is hiding on the floor pretty well.

We even got some sunshine in England today so i finally got a chance to try some outdoors photos !

as always i'm looking for constructive criticism to learn from and hopefully improve with the next build.IMGP1117.jpgIMGP1116.jpgIMGP1114.jpgIMGP1109.jpgIMGP1113.jpgIMGP1108.jpgIMGP1123.jpgIMGP1121.jpgIMGP1119.jpgIMGP1118.jpg

thanks guys, I did wonder about bringing a more realistic look to the grill, thanks for the tip cobraman, i'll get some black wash next time i go to the model shop and give it a try, Is there anything i need to know about using washes for the grill ?

Hi Phil,

i like the decals and seats/dash also - that looks cool. Your colorchoice is well done - like the Cehvelle!

If you are washing the grill ;) , perhaps you can give the turnlights in front and the backlights some clear orange/red? Than you have more real look of the model included the black grill.

At last a licenseplate and up on the road with it!

thanks a lot agnaldo, It's the first time i have built anything close to "street" so i wanted to make it look as brutal as possible. I love it more than i ever thought i would and will definitely build more cars similar to this in the future.

• 1 month later...