Model Cars Magazine Forum

RATA GORDA: 48 chevy sedan delivery

bryan_m

my girl got me this kit the other day, and im really fired up about it. ive never had one of these and it looks like a really great kit.

i spent some time gathering reference pics, and now im gathering parts from a few other kits......

48chevysedan001.jpg

first up, i snagged the 454 from the "boyds hauler" kit.....dechromed everything.

48parts001.jpg

thinkin about how tough it will be to use the suspension from the same kit, im sure the rear will work, but the front is a different story, i dont want to hack the front crossmember out the kit frame, so i might need another idea....

more to come, thanks for lookin guys!

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

thanks brian!

i plan on detailing the snot out of it too! im using the 454 BBC from the boyds hauler kit, im plannin on doin tranny lines, fuel lines, brake lines, misc wiring. im gonna go all out on this one! its been a while since i have really detailed one like that, so i think its overdue...

thanks again!

bryan

im headed to the bench now..........its a long journey though, to get to my bench, i actually have to get out of bed and walk across the room, i dont know if i have the strength to make it this morning! :D

having the bench in my bedroom kinda sucks, but theres no where else to put it..... :blink:

cheers!

bryan

I need to find this kit being I owned a '46 and being its such a coooooool subject,Bryan I know this is gonna be one baaaaaad ride when you get rollin' on it after seeing "Bad Bannana"......I have done pulled up a chair and I'ma watchin'............

i got a chevy camaro z28 302 in mine did the 47 use the custom info in the kit it sits low look for scale auto mag oct 99' Mr. Rick Manmor did one of is kit went it first came out, he use the front of a 68 elcamino by amt but they show step by step.

i managed to get the engine and trans painted, found some nice edelbrock valve covers in my stash too......

eng55002.jpg

i shot the tranny with casters gray, so it looks like a rebuilt unit.

eng55004.jpg

more to come!

stay tuned

bryan

engine meets tranny, and it fits nice in the engine bay......

eng77002.jpg

just a little tweaking and it will fit in there nice, and if it doesnt ill have another complete engine to add to the collection! LOL nah, it will fit in there nice...

eng77003.jpg

i found a nice electric waterpump in my stash of engine parts, this engine came with fuel injection (mpi) im not using it tho, gonna go with a good old holly carb and intake, and maybe a caddy air cleaner to top it off.........ill make it removable...

more to come

thanks for lookin

bryan