Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Plymouth GTX

Guest Darkside Customs

Guest Darkside Customs

Pretty much Doin just the small stuff at the moment...

Cut the driveshaft and slid aluminum tubing in place....

Underside of hood flat black, and the headliner is flat black... Wasn't concerned about the pin marks, flocking will cover that up....

2c656034.jpg

29e257c0.jpg

227ad63b.jpg

Next is to foil and clear....

Guest Darkside Customs

Thanks.... I got the some stuff in from Scaledreams yesterday.... I been working on it throughout the day today... I'll post some pics up later this evening.... Thanks to all that have responded with the great comments....

Guest Darkside Customs

Tryin to get more done on this...

Engine is finished and installed... Interior is flocked and finished as well....

6a289800.jpg

09ce8d38.jpg

b3904953.jpg

b716184e.jpg

Guest Darkside Customs

Alright, I got the body foiled after a couple of hours and a few choice words and shot two coats of clear.... There were a couple spots that had to be wet sanded and after that I got a few more coats on... This is a pic after the first two coats....

c33ccb77.jpg

Guest Darkside Customs

Those were "unibody" cars... the chassis pan was part of the body shell, and would have been painted all at the same time. In other words, the underside of the car would be the same color as the body.

Ok, seriously.... I think you've already pointed that out... If you don't like how I built it, then by all means build one yourself.... You're a moderator on here... In other words, you should take the advice at the top of the On the workbench forum..... Thanks and have a great day....