Model Cars Magazine Forum

ET Turbine Wheels?

Yep the older ''56 chevy has similar to the ones I have. I am making a copy from "FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH" movie jefferson's z/28. Beerman86gt told me monograms 65 black rat vette has them, looking back as a weee boy in the mid late 80's there r several kits with them. Trivk is finding them.

Yep the older '56 chevy has similar to the ones I have.

The Monogram '56 Chevy Bel Air's turbine wheel have thicker and fewer spokes than the ETs pictured.

Beerman86gt told me monograms 65 black rat vette has them, looking back as a weee boy in the mid late 80's there r several kits with them.

There are a few Vette kits with turbine style wheels, but some have no center hub/lug detail. The Black Rat wheels also have too few and thicker spokes than the ETs:

The Monogram '56 Chevy Bel Air's turbine wheel have thicker and fewer spokes than the ETs pictured.

There are a few Vette kits with turbine style wheels, but some have no center hub/lug detail. The Black Rat wheels also have too few and thicker spokes than the ETs:

I started looking a bit closer at pics, your right the 566 wheel are the same as "MONOGRAMS CHEVY STREET VAN". until i get an actual set, I'll use them or the plain stocks. I kinow there out there. Carcrazy 81 did what I thought would be a fresh idea 20yrs later lol, he also did the mercury from 80's flick "COBRA" A Stallone movie.IMG_20120516_172719.jpgand here is his..maybe back then they came in differant issues etc.IMG_1379.jpg

"With that release of the merc. being so popular shoul have known I didn't think of it 1st.

Edited by donkeypuncher76

I've got them out of the box , they are only the outer halves I'm afraid (this kit gives you one set of tyres and one set of wheel backs with two choices of outer half , I used the standard wheel outer when I built it) , the half is 5mm wide and 18mm diameter . I checked a few other spare tyres and wheel backs I have here and none fit (all either bigger or smaller :( ) . The wheel halves are still on the sprue and if you want them I'm happy to send them free , just PM me your address .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...