Model Cars Magazine Forum

Supra wide body conversion.

wgflatliner

So what we have here is a Tamiya Supra. There are two kits here. One is the tom's supra which has the wide body, but no engine. Then there is the stock supra that has the engine but no wide body. I wanted a wide body with engine, so I cut the hood off and here is where it sits.

7f348dcd.jpg

I also like the look of the targa top, so I cut that out of the roof. I had to cut the windshield cowling out of the regular supra to give the car a complete feeling engine bay. For the rolling stock, I found some Aoshima wheels. Slicks on the back.

The engine is going to feature a large turbo from Shucky and scratch built parts like exhaust and intake manifolds.

The car will be painted a blue purple color from tamiya.

Very interesting, I've been intending to put an engine in the Tom's Supra for a while now and just haven't got around to it. I see you changed the cowl, how much else needed modding?

If you expect to use the tom's hood, good luck! It will need to be heavily modified to get it to fit. I might have to use the regular supra hood and modify it for the massive turbo, or simply not use the hood.

Also, the front suspension assembly will need modification to get the engine assembly to fit.

Btw, got the body in paint yesterday. Still needs another coat or two. Then it'll be ready for clear coat. Tonight I will need to get the frame and such in paint as well.

Edited by wgflatliner